Cm871 coolant out the overflow
11-26-2019, (Subject: Cm871 coolant out the overflow ) 
Cm871 coolant out the overflow
Hello thanks for accepting me to the page I wish I would have found sooner. I have a 2010 389 with a CM871 in it. . I bought the truck in April to replace my 2003 379 that had a 6nz. I've had nothing but trouble with the engine since I bought it.
It started out using a little coolant and blowing white smoke once in a while (egr cooler was leaking) it would even smoke when i turned it off. It looked like I was Bbqing. . It has always run real rough on a cold start up since the day I bought it. Almost like a lope.
I was talked into a delete so I had that done. Complete removal of the dpf, valve and cooler was done by a guy here in north dakota. He has a good reputation and I know guys that have had great performance and no issues with his deletes. A few of them done 4 years ago.
After removing the cooler I have coolant coming out of the overflow on the surge tank only under load. I put a pressure gauge on it at idle and it stayed between 12 and 14 psi for 30 min at 180 degrees. It's still running terrible at cold start until it warms up but has no white smoke or power loss after the delete. It is using a gallon of coolant a day now. I'm figuring head or head gasket and yes I should have just left her stock. 6k later. Lol
Any ideas? we have checked the compressor.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cm871 coolant out the overflow - Billcummins6 - 11-26-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.