An inframe in my near future
11-27-2019, (Subject: An inframe in my near future ) 
RE: An inframe in my near future
If u open it up, it must be counter-bored if u want it to last. Raise liner height to 0.014" while your at it to strengthen it on its next million mile journey.

i work outdoors all the time. It is no big deal. just buy a cheap 10' x 10' popup canope from Walmart or amazon and tie it down so the wind cannot blow it away.

- I Use spray on all the exposed metal surfaces, cams, and other internals that are stored outside away from direct weather while it is apart ...

This stuff stays a bit wet, like an oily coating, bit tacky does not run off. Easy clean up with some acetone.: https://amzn.to/2KXWYe8 <- I use it the most on stuff that is going to go back together. rockers, cams, block, liner areas, and anything else that is going to go back inside the engine. It can also be sprayed on the inside of the engine, crank, insides of block, top of head, etc. for extra rust protection + some extra lube while putting engine back together, as it will easily get flushed out during that first oil change.

Waterloo's truck was apart outside in the weather for damn near 3 months (covered with tarps and canopy so noting got rained on. - 2 months of this time, it was down to the exposed block. All we used was this stuff on the metal surfaces when it was going to sit etc., nothing rusted whatsoever.

The other stuff I use, it dries like a hardened wax, is a bit more long term but also is nice on gaskets, etc. to help seal. Its a more long term protectant: https://amzn.to/2OqAoN4 <- I use light dusting of it on all gaskets, exposed areas where metal gaskets go, as they are installed, wiring, electrical terminals, screws that are not painted, and everything else that you would not want to rust in the harsh weather. i spray it all over my truck every year to prevent corrosion and rust problems on just about every surface and even use it to prevent plastic stuff from rotting.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , quickrigs , Andre_The_Giant

Messages In This Thread
RE: An inframe in my near future - Rawze - 11-27-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.