Cm2250 vacuum on coolant system?
11-29-2019, (Subject: Cm2250 vacuum on coolant system? ) 
Cm2250 vacuum on coolant system?
Thanks in advance for any advice or time you guys spend helping me.

I have a demandated cm2250. Has 582xxx miles. Using 1-1.5 gallon oil between services. It started pushing coolant yesterday into the overflow, got a low coolant light. Didn’t loose but a quart of coolant. Figured I had the start of liner protrusion and a head gasket. Got it home and put a pressure gauge on reservoir. It didn’t built the first pound of pressure but sucked the needle down below zero almost like a vacuum. I did blow a turbo seal about 3 weeks ago and hung a new vgt turbo. Been running fine, is it possible to have air pocket somewhere and it’s just now giving me fits?

I’ve checked transmission for coolant, took the back pipe off the egr cooler. I don’t know how to isolate the air compressor. No coolant in oil, no coolant in fuel tanks, no fuel or oil in coolant reservoir. I’ve also changed the relief cap on the overflow side. Truck is only running about 140-150 degrees while pulling 80k, granted it’s only 35-40 degrees where I’m at. When sitting at high idle it’ll come up to 190-200 degrees, it’s pushing more coolant at idle than while running down the road at 55-60 mph.

Is it possible that a water pump or sticking thermostat, injector cup, liner protrusion and head gasket, air compressor? Where do I start. I can’t find anyone that looks at me normal when I tell them I think I have a vacuum on my coolant system.
replyreply
RE: Cm2250 vacuum on coolant system?
Who did the delete? If it was not someone here, I would suspect that is part of the issue. As far as your symptoms, fretted liner is my best guess. Pressurize the coolant system to 20 psi, drop the oil pan, have someone bar the motor, you are looking for coolant on the cylinder walls. When barring the motor, if you are in a quiet location, you will more than likely hear water gurgling up in the head. Normally the #5 cylinder is the place to start. Sounds like in frame time. And again, who programed the motor?
replyreply
Kind of what I figured also, just weird. Normally they build 20-30 lbs of pressure pretty quick when a liner and head go. Am I aloud to list names on here for who did the delete? It’s not a big box shop demandate, don’t want to get myself in a pickle with throwing names out there. Motor has 373xxx on the demandate.
replyreply
ive pulled a tune from a small no name place that everyone recommends taking your cummins to in the area. showed it rawze it was an absolute disaster.

dont put the shops name just city/state it was in. in private you can tell others name.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
11-30-2019, (Subject: Cm2250 vacuum on coolant system? ) 
have the program copied out of the ecm and e-mail it to me. i will review it and make sure it is safe for the engine and did not cause/greatly contribute towards your issues.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.