Bendix
11-30-2019, (Subject: Bendix ) 
Bendix
42 module ABS TC and orange Triangle on dash. This was triggered when someone changed lanes in front of me. I can't get it to go off, I tried cutting power off by door, nothing
Also when I press the brake I hear a click noise located near middle of dash.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: We're a full grid off.
replyreply
11-30-2019, (Subject: Bendix ) 
RE: Bendix
I looked up the code, rather generic...

Possible causes:Slow brake release; foundation
Slow recovery of one wheel of brake mechanical faults; dry
bearings; broken spring; modulator fault;
check for kinks and blockages,incorrect piping, wiring.
Inspect exciter ring for damage

I would get under the truck, start inspecting the brakes and the ABS lines and even the tone rings. Could just be dirt and a good power washing is in order, or a blown wheel seal gumming up the works. Best bet, get under there and visually inspect and go from there. You may need a hand, someone in the cab applying the brakes while you get under there. Take a small pry bar or decent sized screw driver and poke around. Check the pads and linings, etc...

Also, look at your pin bushings for the rear suspension and the torque rods up between the frame rails on the rear drives. Any odd or uneven wear on the drive tires? You will be back there, good time to look.

Welcome to ownership, time to educate yourself. :-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Paccardude , JMBT , Grahaminator
12-01-2019, (Subject: Bendix ) 
Any adapter Inline, Nexiq or Grandview VNB and ACom diagnostic software from Bendix will help you to find what is wrong.
replyreply
btw. your out of fuel too. Running around with fuel tanks that low is only asking for algae and moisture in fuel problems all the time, especially this time of year.

-- concerning your problem...
When is the last time someone actually fully serviced that truck nose to toes including re-torqued all the wheel bearings, etc.

Taking a hard turn or sudden move in the road should not result in abs and other problems. = Scares me to think that a wheel bearing might be loose or some other thing about to let loose, or kill someone.

neglect == truck owners fault, not the trucks.

here ya go... start at the top and work your way all the way to the bottom, do everything!!!>
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid26680

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Those were the same lights that went off when my compass module failed too... Do you have a functioning compass on the small LCD screen in the photo, where your odometer is read? The N, S, E, W will be in the lower left corner of that LCD screen. If it is not showing up, It could even be your compass. The ABS, Exhaust Brake and TC are all routed through it. It was a $400 part when I replaced mine. It is located in your fuse panel in the passenger side dash. Open the fuse panel, skim over the top of the fuses to the actual dashboard plastic, you will see a black cover with two screws holding it in, say 3/8" x 3", that is your compass. Remove the two screws and pull it out, it is just a $1 circuit board with a plug. Welcome to ownership.
replyreply
Is this the Hero ,38; special software program?

replyreply
On the ProStar you will need Diamond Logic, you can use it with the Inline 6 reader you are going to have to purchase here ASAP that you will use with your Insite software to diagnose your truck. Ebay is where most of us purchase our Inline readers, the ones from either China or Hong Kong. You better purchase soon, as the fed is cracking down on these kinds of imports.
replyreply
I've gotta run 1700 more miles before I can get home and start any major work. What may I do b within this time frame to bandage the wounds, until it's time for operation?

replyreply
Well, at the very least you need the brakes visually inspected. To reset the codes if everything looks ok under the truck, pull the battery cables and let sit for 30 minutes, that will give you a hard reset and possibly clear out the codes if everything checks out underneath.

When a truck sits, you are going to have all sorts of issues like this until you can go through all of the systems and get them back in working order. If this is a fleet truck, and it sounds like it, the bare minimum was done to it, now it is your problem. Run it after inspecting the brakes if nothing is found. Could just be an electrical glitch or even the compass.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.