2011 Cummins ISX15 engine derated
03-01-2016, (Subject: 2011 Cummins ISX15 engine derated ) 
RE: 2011 Cummins ISX15 engine derated
(02-25-2016 )Ted Fisher Wrote:  I know this is jumping to conclusions but the driver shut the truck off and got out he said there was a funny noise coming from the def tank. I'm worried about them taking it to the dealer because the def system is under warranty but the engine isn't. The service department is saying they will just have to see but I don't want them to just start throwing parts at it.

Do not take it to the dealer for this noise.

Your truck is absolutely suppose to make that sound every time when you shut your truck off...

What noise you are hearing is actually the def pump purging the def fluild back into the def tank...

Make sure your driver or drivers never turn the battery disconnects off right after you shut truck down... You need to give the truck about 30 seconds to a minute to complete this task. If you shut your battery disconnects off when it is below freezing you will basically freeze and crack your def pump... Then you will have a truck with about 10 or more egr/aftertreatment active codes...

If you suspect this has happened, all you need to do is remove the yellow plug/harness from the bottom of def pump, when you do this fluid will run out of this harness plug location and you will know instantly that your def pump is junk!!!

Im sure this has been covered before on this forum, but I just want to make it clear.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2011 Cummins ISX15 engine derated - joed2323 - 03-01-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.