2011 Cummins ISX15 engine derated
03-03-2016, (Subject: 2011 Cummins ISX15 engine derated ) 
RE: 2011 Cummins ISX15 engine derated
Last January on my first time out after my vacation I was out in the middle of nowhere northern B.C. when my Volvo started threatening me. It was demanding a parked regen for the first time in 625000 km so after finding somewhere to pull over I started one but it wouldn't stop after almost an hour. I managed to limp it into Prince George 350 km away, sometimes it was in derate sometimes it wasn't. The mechanic who was finally assigned to it managed to get it sorted enough so I at least didn't have to worry about the 8kph top speed when I wandered around town that night. The next day he went to town and did all the things the computer told him to do but when he talked to me he said he's pretty sure he's got it but there were some things he wanted to check out before calling it quits. So he did some more trouble shooting above and beyond what was in the computer said could be wrong and lo and behold found a couple of small thing that would have caused me problems down the road. It is now about 180000km later and the problems have NOT come back.

Sometime last summer one of the trucking magazines up here reported the winners for the Volvo North America tech championship and the guy who worked on my truck came in first overall as the best Volvo mechanic in North America. So sometimes you get lucky and find someone who a) gives a shi#t about his job and b) actually knows how to do his job. Most of the people at the stealerships I wouldn't let change my oil, or fix a wheelbarrow for that matter.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2011 Cummins ISX15 engine derated - kryten - 03-03-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.