Isx 15 cm2250 regen advice needed
12-03-2019, (Subject: Isx 15 cm2250 regen advice needed ) 
Isx 15 cm2250 regen advice needed
Hello, first off I'd just like to go on record and say this forum is legitimately awesome.

My question?

I have a 12 pete with a isx15 cm2250. Ive been having dpf problems. Regen light every 60- 90 miles. Turbo actuator
Fault codes, particulate filter outlet temp fault code and I can smell exhaust, sometimes it seems like I smell it through the vents in the truck. Ive recently had the dpf filter cleaned and baked. Although I havent gone through all the cleans that rawze Shows and suggests. Ive also noticed that I'm leaking coolant on the side of the turbo. Could this be the cause of dpf problems? Im not sure where but ive taken pics

Lastly, is this something I can fix with minimal experience or do I need a shop. I'm based near ATL

Thanks
replyreply
RE: Isx 15 cm2250 regen advice needed
How many miles on the truck?

The exhaust smell, have you tried tightening the clamps at turbo and the exhaust where it hooks up? Visually inspect the exhaust system for signs of soot?

You need shocks.

The coolant leak, you sure it is from the turbo and not that lower metal radiator line? They are notorious for rusting and eventually leaking coolant.

Yes on needing the EGR Tuneup, do you have an Inline 6 reader and software? You are going to need to get that ASAP if you don't.

The turbo actuator, it could be bad, more than likely something else going on, possible exhaust restriction?

Pretty dusty under that hood, have you hosed out the CAC?

Best bet, take it to Mr Hagg in Griffin GA, over by the Speedway South of Atlanta.

Haggai Automotive and Diesel
1228 High Falls Rd,
Griffin, GA 30223
(678) 688-8107
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Moose , Tonka
How many miles on that pig? I can see the spring stop/bumper is hitting the spring. Shocks alone won't fix that but the one we see is blown. Chances are your springs are shot. This job may be big if you don't have access/own a torch set or big impact gun to pull them apart and a 3/4" torque wrench to torque the new U bolts back in.

I see coolant running down from the lower radiator tube and blowing backwards. Often that heavy piece breaks free from the clamps and swings in the breeze. It tears the coolant hose and or loosens the clamps connecting to it. You'll want to go get a coolant pressure testing kit. I think rawze has a link to one on his amazon wish list on the home page. You can pick them up at most auto parts stores. This will help you fill the system and check for more leaks. Chances are you have more than one. Pressurize the system and let it sit for a couple hrs and fix all the leaks that appear. A couple of 5 gallon buckets to drain the coolant in to and pull that hose down out to assess damage to the hoses. Replace what's neccessary. We all have faith you can handle this repair.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Tonka
There is a lot there that needs to be touched... A LOT. And good long bath too...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Moose , Tonka
There are certain jobs I do that earn the name "onion" naturally people ask why. Well, every layer I peel back the more I cry...

You're in the right place with the right people to help you either fix it yourself or get you to the right shop to get it fixed correctly. Hold on tight because you're fixing to take a journey. Just do yourself a favor please and see it all the way through.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Evotrucker , Chamberpains , Tonka , Paccardude
(12-03-2019 )Moose Wrote:  There are certain jobs I do that earn the name "onion" naturally people ask why. Well, every layer I peel back the more I cry...

^^^ --Never heard that before...but sooo true...lmao!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Chamberpains , Tonka
(12-03-2019 )Moose Wrote:  There are certain jobs I do that earn the name "onion" naturally people ask why. Well, every layer I peel back the more I cry...

You're in the right place with the right people to help you either fix it yourself or get you to the right shop to get it fixed correctly. Hold on tight because you're fixing to take a journey. Just do yourself a favor please and see it all the way through.

That truck IS an onion... Fantastic analogy! Been there, done that. Sadly...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tonka
(12-03-2019 )Tonka Wrote:  I'm based near ATL

Your in luck my friend, the best Cummins shop around is right in your backyard.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tonka
Don't guess at it .. pressurize the coolant system to 20 psi, find all the leaks and fix them.

Find and fix your exhaust leaks while your at it... that thing cannot regen properly if there are exhaust leaks.

Also check/clean the doser injector and exhaust components involved with the regen process. that DPF was a good start, but it is far from the only thing that typically needs to be done to get the systems working properly again after such neglect.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tonka , Paccardude

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.