Overshot's Blog
08-25-2016, (Subject: Overshot's Blog ) 
RE: Overshot's Blog
Mr. Hagg got himself a new tool. So we replaced my valve seals. Exhaust valves were leaking. Poor design and the heat got'em. We installed the updated valve seals. Valve guides felt good. I think Mr. Hagg is gonna post some pics.

Pulled the head off of the fuel pump. And low and behold it had ceramic plungers. Waiting for parts to update the pump.

Rolled new rod and mains in. New oil pump and shimmed it. Bearings were not too bad. But were showing some wear.

New thermostats oil & water.

New air dryer.

And last but not least new cab shocks.

Oh and I got a new seat.
replyreply
Yes we have been doing alot of work on this thing. What start as a simple exhaust manifold gaskets. We found oil in all exhaust ports.. But 3 stood out bad. At this point we decided to do valve guide seals. If you look at the picture A&B ar exhaust valves. You can see that the valve seal are not touching the guide at all. THere where just riding up and down on the stem. This allowed oil to inter the exhaust. This also was the rease if he let it set idle for a long time when he took off smoke would come out then clear up. If you look at C this is on the intake and what it should look like.

On to the pump. He went and sleep on weather or not to check out the pump. Good call to go ahead. As we found it was not up to date. My problem was the fact that I was told by the dealer ship the pump was up to date. Now leading me to believe they do not know..SAD SAD SAD.......

He also was experiencing low oil pressure when it was hot. So the decision of putting mains and rods came into play. TO me they where not bad but for him to go another 500K Id replace them so we did. We also took the oil pump apart. The gear side looked great but where the unloader valve was you could see it had a few bad spots. Thus making the choice to go with a new pump. We also did the old Rawze eighty cents trick to it.........

We also are installing new crankshaft damper and being this was off and we had the rockers off to do the valve guid seals we pulled the front cover and slid the cam out some to check bearings and they looked great.....

./uploads/201608/post_848_1472179463_bda2c228ef53b7ca2dc48e344a85c9da.png
replyreply
Mr overshot u gonna have a new rocket on the road when all said and done...
What about increasing those horses a bit???
replyreply
08-26-2016, (Subject: Overshot's Blog ) 
(08-25-2016 )T680 Wrote:  Mr overshot u gonna have a new rocket on the road when all said and done...
What about increasing those horses a bit???

My stable of 525 is good enough.
replyreply
(08-25-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Yes we have been doing alot of work on this thing. What start as a simple exhaust manifold gaskets. We found oil in all exhaust ports.. But 3 stood out bad. At this point we decided to do valve guide seals. If you look at the picture A&B ar exhaust valves. You can see that the valve seal are not touching the guide at all. THere where just riding up and down on the stem. This allowed oil to inter the exhaust. This also was the rease if he let it set idle for a long time when he took off smoke would come out then clear up. If you look at C this is on the intake and what it should look like.

On to the pump. He went and sleep on weather or not to check out the pump. Good call to go ahead. As we found it was not up to date. My problem was the fact that I was told by the dealer ship the pump was up to date. Now leading me to believe they do not know..SAD SAD SAD.......

He also was experiencing low oil pressure when it was hot. So the decision of putting mains and rods came into play. TO me they where not bad but for him to go another 500K Id replace them so we did. We also took the oil pump apart. The gear side looked great but where the unloader valve was you could see it had a few bad spots. Thus making the choice to go with a new pump. We also did the old Rawze eighty cents trick to it.........

We also are installing new crankshaft damper and being this was off and we had the rockers off to do the valve guid seals we pulled the front cover and slid the cam out some to check bearings and they looked great.....

Yea, I forgot about the dampner.
replyreply
Well, today we got the turbo back on, rocker assembly, ran the overhead, valve cover back on, fuel pump back together, front cover, new damper. We had a busy day.

We just have to put the fan and radiator and stuff on tomorrow. fire it up and for leaks.

Thanks Allison and Mr. Hagg, oh and Katie for chasing all them darn parts.

So many damn little parts.

No, we didn't do an inframe but I'm still anxious to see the difference what we have done makes.

I wish we would have taken pics and posted. But just been to busy getting it done. Sorry everyone.
replyreply
01-21-2017, (Subject: Overshot's Blog ) 
./uploads/201701/post_1797_1485020475_0b10e36d5615d11d9c271d75bbfebfb3.jpgWell it's my turn. Blown head gasket ruined head. Dropped liner on #5.
./uploads/201701/post_1797_1485020524_f138f846f5a462ba5985fec9c1099e4c.jpg
replyreply
Overshot what year is your truck ? Just curious about fuel pump plungers. Maybe need to check mine too.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot
That sucks. Same liner that dropped on mine. But after the Inframe it's better than new. Get them liners counterbore and shimmed up to .014 and don't look back.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough , overshot

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.