New drivers seat
12-11-2019, (Subject: New drivers seat ) 
New drivers seat
I need a new drivers air ride seat.....suggestions for best bang for buck seat....and go! Thanks in advance
replyreply
RE: New drivers seat
I put a legacy in my old ford 9000. It was a good seat and got it at a real good deal at my local kw dealer. Online couldn’t beat the deal I got. But I’ve sat in a Bostrom wide ride and it felt really nice to me. But I haven’t found a good enough price yet to get one put in my Freightliner yet. Still looking though. It was this time last year when kw ran they’re specials on legacy plus I got the parts guy to cut price further. Just ask if they can do better. Most of the time they will.
replyreply
(12-11-2019 )Daytripper Wrote:  I need a new drivers air ride seat.....suggestions for best bang for buck seat....and go! Thanks in advance
I have an 08 Prostar, I bought two six way heated seats from a Chrysler Crossfire for 400.00. They are both set up the same as far as controls. I only put the driver side in because I have one of those junk collectors on the back of the passenger. Besides the dawg is the only one who sits over there anyway. I made a mounting plate and wired it up. Looks great and everyone who sees and has sat in it loves it. Plus I have another when that one where's out.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201912/post_3207_1576066786_65485fca509a049ebc2c31626b003db9.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , HES , Pd6cas2
(12-11-2019 )Ricky Wrote:  
(12-11-2019 )Daytripper Wrote:  I need a new drivers air ride seat.....suggestions for best bang for buck seat....and go! Thanks in advance
I have an 08 Prostar, I bought two six way heated seats from a Chrysler Crossfire for 400.00. They are both set up the same as far as controls. I only put the driver side in because I have one of those junk collectors on the back of the passenger. Besides the dawg is the only one who sits over there anyway. I made a mounting plate and wired it up. Looks great and everyone who sees and has sat in it loves it. Plus I have another when that one where's out.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Screw the bostrom wide ride. I got sold 1 from fleet pride cause I needed a seat in a hurry.

Bostrom used to be the staple of truck seats. This thing has already started to wear through in a little over a year. The glide latch has never locked in place and always come out. It's from the use of cheap plastic parts used in the latching mechanisms. They plain wear out in a hurry.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
(12-11-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Screw the bostrom wide ride. I got sold 1 from fleet pride cause I needed a seat in a hurry.

Bostrom used to be the staple of truck seats. This thing has already started to wear through in a little over a year. The glide latch has never locked in place and always come out. It's from the use of cheap plastic parts used in the latching mechanisms. They plain wear out in a hurry.
I know I'm glad I took the time and looked around and did the Crossfire seat in mine. I got them from a guy in the Charlotte NC area off of Craigslist. Not sure where he gets them but they are like new. I bought another set of Mazda 6 the speed addition and put them in my 06 Charger RT. But putting it in the prostar was easy. I removed the old seat and bolted a cut to size plate to the base of the air ride. Then bolted the seat to the plate. It sets lower but I still have the air ride if I want. Seat belt is still on the base so it's a safe and secure. I was going to get a set from him from a CTS-V but they had legs and I didn't want to mess with a bunch of fab work. But in my opinion it's worth looking at car or SUV seats. But I like making stuff and thinking out of the box.
replyreply
(12-11-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Screw the bostrom wide ride. I got sold 1 from fleet pride cause I needed a seat in a hurry.

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up on that. Guess I’ll stop watching prices then lol
replyreply
Legacy silver
replyreply
I have looked at truck seats for a few years, they are all junk, not even comparable to a car seat like Ricky is using. Honestly, I would do the same, find a nice automotive take out seat at the junk yard and go that route. And Bostrom, I used to love those seats, but like Chamber stated, poor quality materials, junk in my book too.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.