2011 International Prostar Headlight relay location
12-13-2019, (Subject: 2011 International Prostar Headlight relay location ) 
2011 International Prostar Headlight relay location
Hi try to keep it short. I have a 11 prostar headlight went out this week its not the bulb and the wire is clean run safely into the wire loom. I don't really want to chase the wire all the way thru the harness because i don't really think its the wire. I think water got in the plug and shorted the fuse/relay.(its been really wet the past few weeks and the harness wasn't clipped all the way) I can't for the life of me find anything for a fuse/relay location for the drivers side headlight. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
replyreply
RE: 2011 International Prostar Headlight relay location
there are not seperate relays for drivers side and passenger side.
Prostar is notorious for headlight going bad... it is in the wiring harness, I have had all those issues too. . Here is a video...

If your drivers side is out, you can pretty much guarantee that the wiring harness location pointed to at 2:50 in this video is your problem. - Especially since the windshield washer hose runs through that harness and cracks and corrodes all the wiring in the harness internally, pools in the location mentioned, up under all the conduit and insulations...

(wow, thats on old video), I was soo fat...lol

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Thanks for the reply ill check that out tomorrow. I just didn't want to go playing with the wiring if i didn't have to. First thing i noticed when i pulled the bulb out was the connector wasn't pushed in all the way and water did get inside the bulb still worked when i plugged it into the passenger side so i assumed the water just tripped a fuse or something.
replyreply
12-15-2019, (Subject: 2011 International Prostar Headlight relay location ) 
Yep went out yesterday didn't even have to pull back any loom straight away found the first connector was rubbing between the bumper & radiator and wire was bare and corroded justpast the connector. Thanks for the help.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.