Spread axle tires
12-15-2019, (Subject: Spread axle tires ) 
Spread axle tires
Looking for opinions going to be replacing tires on my spread axle flatbed along with alignmenr on trailer during our 2 wk shutdown for Christmas and new years what's some decent models for scrub and RR?

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
12-15-2019, (Subject: Spread axle tires ) 
RE: Spread axle tires
I’ve heard Continental is the way to go

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
12-17-2019, (Subject: Spread axle tires ) 
(12-15-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Looking for opinions going to be replacing tires on my spread axle flatbed along with alignmenr on trailer during our 2 wk shutdown for Christmas and new years what's some decent models for scrub and RR?

In my experience these are the best for the money. Made for spread axle. They hold up well and are about half the cost of virgin rubber. I just replaced two a few months ago at a total cost of $581 for 2 tires, mounting & balancing.

https://www.bandag.com/en-us/tires-and-retreads/30/ets
replyreply
I’ve got Aeolus on my step the 255 size. I’m really liking them. Gonna keep using them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LRT1549
16/32 isn't much tread depth on those retreads. Lots of trailers at work have Kelly KSE or KTSA they changed the name and I can't recall which is the current tire.. They seem to do well. Have some on spread axle chassis for ISO tanks. They don't turn worth a flip, chatter like crazy in a tight turn.

Seen some Continental trailer tires with more than one inch of tread depth.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
I have Goodyear UniCircle G619 RST on my 2008 Benson spread axle for 2 1/2 years now. They start at 18/32's and wear like iron.

I also had the unicircle 572 on the drives that went 2 years. They too wore like iron. The second set of 572's I put on about 3 months ago. Goodyear now calls them endurance.

Incidentally I had 2 failures, one each drive and trailer. I keep air pressure at 100 lbs.
replyreply
Well I got about 155k miles out of the bridgestones that came on the trailer

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
12-19-2019, (Subject: Spread axle tires ) 
(12-17-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Well I got about 155k miles out of the bridgestones that came on the trailer

Tires are always a big expense. I have always ran a spread axle but I do short and some regional. For the trailer I shop around because I only get about 18 months from a set. I have gotten some nice trailer tires for a salvage yard in northern NC. I have ran and in fact have a set of caps on my front axle right now. The caps I have used are from Piedmont Tires, great price and last 18 months. But yesterday I was a a friend's shop that I hate to say is closing because of family issues. But a man stopped by that sells tires. We all talked for a bit and I really want to share this man's information. He talked some really good prices and says he can get about any tire from like 8-63 inches. But I hope it's okay to share this, I have nothing to gain. But if someone can save money I'll help if I can. I know when I need drives or steers I will call and see what happens.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
12-19-2019, (Subject: Spread axle tires ) 
(12-19-2019 )Ricky Wrote:  
(12-17-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Well I got about 155k miles out of the bridgestones that came on the trailer

Tires are always a big expense. I have always ran a spread axle but I do short and some regional. For the trailer I shop around because I only get about 18 months from a set. I have gotten some nice trailer tires for a salvage yard in northern NC. I have ran and in fact have a set of caps on my front axle right now. The caps I have used are from Piedmont Tires, great price and last 18 months. But yesterday I was a a friend's shop that I hate to say is closing because of family issues. But a man stopped by that sells tires. We all talked for a bit and I really want to share this man's information. He talked some really good prices and says he can get about any tire from like 8-63 inches. But I hope it's okay to share this, I have nothing to gain. But if someone can save money I'll help if I can. I know when I need drives or steers I will call and see what happens.
These are the caps from Piedmont Tires. With my really good cases they are like 154.00 a tire from a tire guy I know really well.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.