X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull.
12-22-2019, (Subject: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull. ) 
RE: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull.
(12-17-2019 )marek4792 Wrote:  Not sure what your specs are but it's pretty much known here that you do not lug a Cummins below 1300 under any circumstance, have you ran an overhead yet you very well could have a bad camshaft already yes it's very common issue, also its about that time to rebuild that fuel pump they still fail like the older isx's but will not contaminate the oil passages. Have you done an egr tuneup yet?

It’s an auto so where it shifts is how it was programmed from the factory. Remember all newer engines are programmed to run low RPS. The same year PACCAR I had shifted about the same RPM. However my brother has one only two years older and it won’t run that low of youR life depended on it. No EGR tuneup that I know of. However the shop that worked on it before I got it said the overhead was done less that 30k ago.
I did The injector test for pressure build but not leak-down. It builds just over 30k psi. I will do a leak down tomorrow when I get to my receiver.
The noise sounds more like if a timing chain has slop in it and the lobes on the cam are making it slap around along with a thumping clunking banging noise. I talked to the shop Wednesday and they told me to just run it and if it gets worse bring it back. I just got the truck two weeks ago so I dang sure don’t need any down time at the moment.

I will attempt to get a recording of it the next time I’m in the hills. Although I was running 80-85 across Texas today so my Rs were around 1600 and I could hear it plain as day. Just no where close to as loud as when it’s up there in 8th.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull. - Jrloar - 12-22-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.