X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull.
12-25-2019, (Subject: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull. ) 
RE: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull.
(12-24-2019 )Jrloar Wrote:  Lots of questions. First, a little on my background. I am a double ASE master certified mechanic. However I will admit. I am in no may factory certified in any make. Just really good general non specific background

Not a driveline noise. Not tires. Not anything but from the engine. I did however get a video of it and in person it’s worse than the video shows. As far as maintenance on these trucks goes. If they ever needed anything it was replaced new. They are greased every 15k and oil every 30k. All full synthetic. They do overheads every 250k. Truck is at 299,850 miles at the moment and it is in as good of shape as new. centromatics on al 6 positions. Does not use but a quart of oil between changes. Not a drop of Coolant (Going by there records). Don’t build up access coolant pressure. Has what may be a very slight miss under heavy load. Fuel economy running 80 across TX from Del Rio to Joplin MO was 6.79 mpg. With 7k in a dry van Running tx 277 and I44. That’s in the vicinity of a 750 mile run.
Rear end gearing is 2.79

As far as manually shifting. Not that easy. I don’t know how much time you have in an auto. But if it don’t like what you want to do. It simply laughs at ya and does as it pleases any way. I can make it downshift only when it’s at a set RPM range. Otherwise it just beeps at ya. Then if it desires your RPMs are to high. It lets off the throttle for you. You truly have little control. And it’s not just this one. I know for a fact Paccar, Freightliner, and International work almost identical. I’ve ran all of those. Although the 12 speed in the FL works the best of the group. All the others including the one behind my X15 now are 10 speed.

Not sure what I missed. But I’ve been thinking. The overhead was ran about 30k ago according to the shop. I honestly think the screwed it up and set it wrong. They told me I’m the only one that has complained of noise like this and they have about 225 of the trucks. The lease 10 of them and the rest are company drivers. My thing is if I’m paying for the truck and “decide” to complete the lease then I don’t want a truck that hammered it’s self to death. Or I don’t want to pay for a catastrophic repair when I told them about the noise.

I made the fallowing video several hours ago while going threw Cumberland MD on I-68.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaaE5doQ...e=youtu.be

I guess what I’m looking for is reassurance that what I hear is without and doubt a problem and me making them fix it would be justified Keep in mind I told them it had a noise the day after I got this unit. And I’ve only had it for three weeks now.

I recommended the manual shifting because I spent 6 months in a 2016 Pete with 18spd Eaton autoshift and while shift points etc were programmed in auto mode, it wouldn’t override the manual mode to drive it your own way. Perhaps that is a “safety” setting that they can change in the software? The one I drove you could control shift points between idle and around 2000rpm in all gears.

Can’t help you with the noise unfortunately.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 noise and lack of power on a hard pull. - Camstyn - 12-25-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.