Who knows what an 870 egr cummins long block goes for these days ?
12-19-2019, (Subject: Who knows what an 870 egr cummins long block goes for these days ? ) 
RE: Who knows what an 870 egr cummins long block goes for these days ?
(12-18-2019 )Mattman Wrote:  You say season you ran it? What is this truck used for? You just decided to replace bearings cause you thought it was time. Didn't have any oil pressure problems? So you didn't know about any bearing trouble until you looked.

Guess what I am saying is are you sure the crank is junk? Who knows how long it has been running this way.

I bought a USED truck , I took a chance .Yes I got a short season out of it , 30,000 miles. Looks like a piece of metal/dirt got into the oil journal and ate the bearing and the crank on number one . Yes I was doing p m . I dont know what it was used for exactly .No oil pressure problems .At 20000 hours , yes I thought it was time , but at the same time know absolutley no history on it , so it could have been done , no it was not .Crank is junk . Something got in there and I don't think it was on my watch . I ordered the new one today ...complete , turbo , ecm,aircompressor ,ect just bolt it in and go .Say what you want ..to many what ifs and unknowns and just who has a 565 sitting ready. By the time you add all the new crap to redo the old crap and get your warranty your not far off from the bolt in model. Hey you know who really wants the emissions crap .Not me and I am not seeing buying a new thing for 170k when the used thing .. I like ,I am married to it now.I have a 475, as well . I say she out does the 565 ,so I bet she was tired any way , but NO blow by .
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos
12-19-2019, (Subject: Who knows what an 870 egr cummins long block goes for these days ? ) 
I was thinking do what you can with the crank as far as getting it smooth and slap new bearings in it and run it. No way of knowing how long it has been running the way it is now and hasn't spun a bearing yet.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
12-24-2019, (Subject: Who knows what an 870 egr cummins long block goes for these days ? ) 
(12-17-2019 )akwman Wrote:  So as the classic story goes , bought a used truck . I took a chance like everyone else , I got a few miles down ,did the oil sample thing went through it one issue at a time . I figured it was definetly time to do the rods and mains not knowing the true history . Oh all good till we got to
#1 bearing . It looks like something got in the oil journal and chewed up the bearing and the crank , no emery clothing it out . So its a 565 870 egr . It ran like a top and really never missed a beat for the season I ran it . Who might know what kind of money I am looking at for a cummins reman drop in complete engine from cummins . I am not sure which way to go its got 20800 hours on it . Suggestions would be appreciated . Yes I plan on keeping it now and Im not looking for headaches later .

Cummins makes 3 different sizes of rod / main bearings for the ISX. - All someone has to do is have the crank machined to the next smaller size and use the matching over-sized bearings that cummins makes for it. - they offer them for just this reason, and it is not unusual for an ISX to come brand new right from the factory where one (or more) of the journals this has been replaced with one of the over-sized bearings, it is well known.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.