Cummins Insite question
06-26-2016, (Subject: Cummins Insite question ) 
Cummins Insite question
Trying to find out how to use Cummins Insite to find silent derate codes
replyreply
06-27-2016, (Subject: Cummins Insite question ) 
RE: Cummins Insite question
(06-26-2016 )JWBTrucking Wrote:  Trying to find out how to use Cummins Insite to find silent derate codes

Some derates will show up while you are looking at at the engine state parameter. Others will not be shown by insite at all. It is very limited in its views.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-27-2016, (Subject: Cummins Insite question ) 
Thanks rawze
replyreply
07-13-2016, (Subject: Cummins Insite question ) 
I'm under the assumption that in site is more or less the tech manual for the engine. I was wondering if this is true. I had a tech at a dealer replace my turbo and he used in site with different carts and diagrams to walk him through the whole process. I'm looking for that in site but there seems to be so many different variations and prices and the dealers are no help at all. Which I site program allows you to do that?
replyreply
Cummins Quickserve has service manuals and parts manuals for your particular engine. It's available at quickserve.cummins.com and is free to the average joe. You can find out how to remove and replace things. It also give you diagnostic trees for fault codes.

Cummins Insite/Inline allows users to connect to their truck via OBD plug under the dash (it's located in a different spot in some trucks). You can clear fault codes and run some engine tests. You need to purchase Inline from Cummins and also purchase an Insite license to use it. Inline is the hardware. Insite is the software. There are other places to purchase these things from, but we do not talk about that here.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
i got mine for $300 form china off e-bay. software, adapter and all. works great.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.