Truck vibrating sometimes when jakes are on
12-20-2019, (Subject: Truck vibrating sometimes when jakes are on ) 
Truck vibrating sometimes when jakes are on
Hi I have 2014 Peterbilt and last couple weeks when the jakes are turned on the truck sometimes starts vibrating like its driving on rough terrain. It doesn't always happen. The truck has around 690,000 Miles with a ISX15 485 HP engine. In the last couple months I had the cover open because I had coolant in the diesel filters and since repaired that with the new fix from cummins by adding the rings to each injector cup ran great for a couple month and now this issue came up also this truck doesn't have DPF its used from farm activity..
replyreply
RE: Truck vibrating sometimes when jakes are on
Mine does something similar sometimes and I just tap go pedal and restart the engine brake and it comes out of it never went any further with it

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
How long has it happened to you for? and how many miles do you have on your truck?

Have you changed your turbo yet?
replyreply
Around 300k on overhaul and last 150k miles it has done it randomly. Around 250k on turbo

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
My 2350 will randomly do that as well. Like Lonestar said....just allow the jakes to restart and see if it clears up. Mine has about 330k on it now and it will clear up once reset
replyreply
When was the last time you did an overhead? I'm not super familiar with the 2250 and newer motors, but I am assuming they use the same exhaust, intake and Jake setup that is on my 871. I have never had that issue on mine, or my old 870... How about the Jake harness? Inspected it? Just seems odd that all of you guys are experiencing this. Sounds like one of those deals where the dealership states this is normal, and then a rod ventilates the block.
replyreply
(12-20-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  When was the last time you did an overhead? I'm not super familiar with the 2250 and newer motors, but I am assuming they use the same exhaust, intake and Jake setup that is on my 871. I have never had that issue on mine, or my old 870... How about the Jake harness? Inspected it? Just seems odd that all of you guys are experiencing this. Sounds like one of those deals where the dealership states this is normal, and then a rod ventilates the block.

When I first purchased my truck, I did just that...ran the overhead and inspected the harness and jake solenoid connections as one of the first tasks to complete among the $hitload of others awaiting attention. My engine had about 265k at the time of the inspection and overhead set. Everything looked very good.

That vibration on mine will occur at lower rpm...typically it seems when the engine isn't fully up to operating temp. Very rarely will it occur. Maybe 1-2 times in a month at most.

Best way to describe it for me would be as if one of the solenoids didn't react once they received voltage, causing an imbalanced jake. Again though...if you turn it off, then back on it would "wake" the dead solenoid. I could be way off, but that's what it feels like on the rare event it occurs.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
12-21-2019, (Subject: Truck vibrating sometimes when jakes are on ) 
On my truck the only thing we did was install the rings inside in injector cups, still have the original turbo. Installed a new turbo actuator about two years ago and re-inspected it lately still looks good for now. Fuel pump was also rebuilt

Engine hasn’t be overhauled and operating strong, no oil consumption.

Ubolts on the front axle were both replaced last year.

Have all you guy deleted your egr or are you running it like it came from factory?

I need to change the harmonic balancer for the crank still

Bought the new truck in 2013 so nothing else was done and only had one driver

The shaking happens every trip but sometimes and after resetting the Jakes it goes away
replyreply
12-21-2019, (Subject: Truck vibrating sometimes when jakes are on ) 
(12-21-2019 )Shokar92 Wrote:  On my truck the only thing we did was install the rings inside in injector cups, still have the original turbo. Installed a new turbo actuator about two years ago and re-inspected it lately still looks good for now. Fuel pump was also rebuilt

Engine hasn’t be overhauled and operating strong, no oil consumption.

Ubolts on the front axle were both replaced last year.

Have all you guy deleted your egr or are you running it like it came from factory?

I need to change the harmonic balancer for the crank still

Bought the new truck in 2013 so nothing else was done and only had one driver

The shaking happens every trip but sometimes and after resetting the Jakes it goes away

If that is all you have done to that truck, and it is still running down the road with the emissions intact, you are one lucky dude, LOL! I would at least do a proper EGR tuneup and change out the dosers. Has the SCR system along with the DPF system been regularly serviced? I would also open the top of the motor to inspect the cam shaft, I can only imagine what that may look like...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.