Forum opinions
12-20-2019, (Subject: Forum opinions ) 
Forum opinions
Just wanted your guys opinions on this...I’m buying another truck, 1 owner, (owner op) 2017 iSX, 430k, 8900 hrs. No warranty left. Pevious owner pm every 20k miles. Have all records, no issues except replaced 4 leaky injectors at 250k under warranty.

I can’t inspect the cam unless it goes through their shop. Is this necessary since I can verify the pm intervals? Should I dyno the truck? Those are my main concerns as it’s going straight to Ga after the purchase to update fuel pump, and other (cough) updates ect....
replyreply
RE: Forum opinions
That's low hours for sure. It hasn't been idled much.

I didn't inspect my camshaft before purchase. Turned out okay for me. Mine has way more hours than this one does, with 448,000 miles on it now.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
Read chapter 5 in "My Book".

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
If you really want truck tell them you won't unless you get all the tests/inspections within reason for free and you personally get to have eyes on at all times or you walk. Don't forget I'm guessing price is around 60-69k that price is not set in stone the expensive used market is down look at a bunch of similar trucks and compare prices.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Why is he selling it?
replyreply
12-21-2019, (Subject: Forum opinions ) 
(12-20-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  If you really want truck tell them you won't unless you get all the tests/inspections within reason for free and you personally get to have eyes on at all times or you walk. Don't forget I'm guessing price is around 60-69k that price is not set in stone the expensive used market is down look at a bunch of similar trucks and compare prices.

I’m not just willy dilly shopping for a used fleet truck. I’ve been shopping for some months, waiting for the right truck....that fits my situation, has records, low hours, apu, and CLEAN. Theres a gazillion used trucks, if I was just looking for a cheap money maker, that’s easy. This truck appears to be the one I’ve been looking for.

What I’m asking is...the pm intervals were done, I’ve seen the paper work, the cam should be in good shape. If you guys were buying this truck, would you still insist on inspecting the cam? I have to run it through their shop to do so. You really can’t blame them, if you owned a dealership, would you let some yahoo come on your lot and start taking apart one of your vehicles? If it was a private individual the circumstances would be different. You guys know how uptight dealerships are.
replyreply
(12-20-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Why is he selling it?

It’s on consignment, the previous owner bought a new one.
replyreply
(12-21-2019 )Explosia Wrote:  
(12-20-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Why is he selling it?

It’s on consignment, the previous owner bought a new one.

Hmmm... Well, the truck is at the end of its life, he must have a good gig or deep pockets.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia
If your that concerned why don't you just have them open the lid so you can have a look at the cam? I don't understand what the big hold up is. They're gonna charge you a couple hundred? Big deal, your spending tens of thousands.
And just remember, you are buying a used truck, I don't care what maintenance records it has, you ARE going to have problems with it, it's just the reality.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.