Isx15 cm2250/cm2350 weak points
12-21-2019, (Subject: Isx15 cm2250/cm2350 weak points ) 
Isx15 cm2250/cm2350 weak points
I just thought that i’d Refresh some of the weak points these engines have, 1 check to see if your xpi full pump is good and is updated to steel plunger pins, apparently these still fail after a certain mileage so it’s a good idea to make sure it’s good because when they go bad the Metel filings get in the oil gallery’s and ruin your block, any sign of low fuel pressure codes don’t run engine get it checked, number 2 don’t lug excessively under 1400 rpm under full torque, the liners vibrate and can fret counterbores where liner sits leading to a ‘dropped liner blown head gasket possibly ruined head due to liner moving up and down causing imprints in head, coolant out of the overflow is a tell tale sign but sometimes it can be compresser, obviously the emissions system needs to be maintained and these engines don’t like to be idealed excessively , carbon packing is was very common on engines that don’t have updated liners with carbon scraping rings, carbon packing on pistons works its way behind ring lands and forces rings out hard onto liners scoring and polishing them causing oil consumption, blowby and the need for new cylinder kits, extended oil drains are a no no, it’s my opinion that to get them reliable the updates need to be done, liner protrusion needs to be .013 to .014 on all at overhaul time, along with head checked and or new head, you can make run a long time if everything is done correctly and you have good safe tuning, my 2 cents
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hongo88

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.