Isx15 oil consumption
12-26-2019, (Subject: Isx15 oil consumption ) 
Isx15 oil consumption
Hello everyone looking to see if anyone has run into this before. I have a 2013 isx15 cm2350 that has oil consumption problems. What I found so far crankcase filter full of water. Air to air pipes and intake full off oil. Looks like the crankcase is pushing oil into the air filter and turbo is pushing it into the intake. I checked blowby has minor blowby. I pressure test the cooling system for about 2hours did not drop. Removed the oil pan and egr tubes to check for leaks nothing found. Trying to find out why the crankcase filter housing was full of green slime and water and same on the back of oil fill cap. Driver says its using 1.5 gallons about every 2000miles. He did not notice any coolant drop. Engine has 560,000miles. Thanks.

replyreply
RE: Isx15 oil consumption
It's a wonder the thing didn't run away and grenade!! Maybe the turbo is puking oil because the crankcase filter is full of water and won't let the engine breathe so it's pushing oil up the drain tube for the turbo ??

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Water in crank/oil in intake my guess a dropped liner and tons of blowby that is either pushing oil out of turbo or has blown the oil seal on turbo completely.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Well if he hasn't added any coolant, then maybe it isn't coolant?? I would think it would take a good bit of water to do that.

Are you saying the air filter has oil in it?

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
He said water, he didn't say coolant.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(12-26-2019 )KWtech Wrote:  Hello everyone looking to see if anyone has run into this before. I have a 2013 isx15 cm2350 that has oil consumption problems. What I found so far crankcase filter full of water. Air to air pipes and intake full off oil. Looks like the crankcase is pushing oil into the air filter and turbo is pushing it into the intake. I checked blowby has minor blowby. I pressure test the cooling system for about 2hours did not drop. Removed the oil pan and egr tubes to check for leaks nothing found. Trying to find out why the crankcase filter housing was full of green slime and water and same on the back of oil fill cap. Driver says its using 1.5 gallons about every 2000miles. He did not notice any coolant drop. Engine has 560,000miles. Thanks.

2 hours is often not enough to diagnose a dropped liner issue. - When they first start to go,.. -- Pressurize it over night .. some can be tough to find... here is a prime example of this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid25356

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Tomorrow I will Pressurize it at 22psi over night. I did not see any red coolant in the crankcase filter it was clear water.
replyreply
12-27-2019, (Subject: Isx15 oil consumption ) 
(12-26-2019 )KWtech Wrote:  Tomorrow I will Pressurize it at 22psi over night. I did not see any red coolant in the crankcase filter it was clear water.

Grasshopper,.. there is much learning to be had here ...

RED COOLANT almost always equates to "yellow-green-ish" slime in the crank case filter and bottom of oil filler cap. <- Looks to be about the right color to me, and there appears to be WAY TOO MUCH Of IT for it to be just simply condensation, unless you left the engine cover off in the rain or something, then did not drive it enough to burn off the moisture again.

With that much buildup,... YOU SHOULD TAKE AN OIL SAMPLE AS WELL, and send it to a lab for coolant intrusion analysis as a backup to your moisture claims, especially if it is that bad.

You can also put a pressure test gauge on the coolant system (using an extension hose to get it into the cab of truck) and drive it around the block to see if pressure builds rapidly when enigne brake comes on high, or when you get on it hard. - this is how Mr. hag does it and its a nice way to find if there are any liner issues. When a liner starts to let go,.. some trucks, it only builds pressure rapidly on high engine brake,.. and others will do it when under high torque load. - gotta test it both ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Chamberpains , Mattman , JMBT , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.