2014 Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck! My First Truck and Need Your Help!
12-27-2019, (Subject: 2014 Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck! My First Truck and Need Your Help! ) 
RE: 2014 Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck! My First Truck and Need Your Help!
(12-27-2019 )Squish099 Wrote:  Looking at the turbo pics. Looks like it's been ran pretty hard. Most of the paint is gone off the center section. Need to pull the valve cover Inspect the camshaft and Jake brake detent. Need to get any service records you can. Check the egr cooler for leaking. Check the doc and dpf, probably have them cleaned and flow tested (if keeping them intact). 2350's don't like the big power. Maybe look at a custom tune and turn it down to 450/1750. They are also known to have severe carbon packing problems, along with the unexpected fuel pump explosions.

The EGR has been replaced and no longer leaking he said but that will be checked. DOC and DPF will be kept until i start to have issues with them and which point i will have enough knowledge to decide if i should remove it or keep it but im hoping i can get a few months out of the aftertreatment system the way it is, seller says its been "cleaned" im assuming he means baked by a local shop. The truck was probably ran hard as it was was hauling(105,000lbs) 48,000kg GROSS for the last 3 years. It was a owner operator who ran it and never had a driver and it seems well taken care of but when i look under the hood there is oil marks and im not sure what is normal and what is not so im trying to get as many eyes on this thing before my appointment next week at a shop(for inspection). I thought these engines like the heavy weight and high load due to high heat being able to burn off DPF and SCR properly?

I noticed the oil fill tube is covered in oil (is it possible oil can push OUT of here? or is that from careless filling do you think?) i also noticed the front there is a circle/hole with oil residue around it as well (Saw Rawze stick a bar in there to turn the motor i think?). im guessing that isnt normal to have oil around it like that and the little bit of oil on the nut of the crankcase filter.... Am i correct to assume this engine might have had some high crankcase issues? or is the oil normal for the spots that its showing? ive added a pic to show what i mean.

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2014 Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck! My First Truck and Need Your Help! - dumptruckisx - 12-27-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.