2014 Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck! My First Truck and Need Your Help!
12-28-2019, (Subject: 2014 Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck! My First Truck and Need Your Help! ) 
RE: 2014 Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck! My First Truck and Need Your Help!
(12-28-2019 )dumptruckisx Wrote:  i have started to look into what sensors i could possibly replace on my own and what will require some help but i have seen rawze EGR tune up videos in the past and will be doing that which covers some sensors as well hopefully thats a good start.

Cummins quickserve is your free friend in this task. And yes, you can handle replacing all the sensors. Anyone can. Including the hard to get to ones. The struggle is what makes you more familiar with the truck. Don't be afraid to do any of the stuff you mentioned. None of it is over the top difficult of intricate.
replyreply
01-07-2020, (Subject: 2014 Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck! My First Truck and Need Your Help! ) 
RE: 2014 Peterbilt 367 Dump Truck! My First Truck and Need Your Help!
Just my 1/8 of a cent.

That EGR cooler looks original. The EGR valve looks like it could have been replaced and poorly painted. The fuel pump looks original, but might have been removed and rebuilt internally, hard to say from a picture. Regardless, for the cost of the parts vs piece of mind you might as well rebuild it yourself. Do a full EGR tune-up, replace all the sensors.

There's a lot of wet spots on the driver side. Need to figure out why. Yes, it looks like someone was sloppy filling the oil recently, based on the drip marks, but thats not the only thing. Could be a power steering hose leaking near the reservoir. Also looks like the intake manifold was replaced or just repainted (they painted over the high fuel pressure warning sticker?)... should try to find out why.

Connect insite and you can read the idle time. Or just estimate: 448,000 km (278,374 mi) / 11,400 hours = an average speed of 39.3 km/hour or 24.4 mph. Depending on the type of operation and distance traveled this could be fairly normal for a dump truck (?). ECM also records PTO time, though I'm not sure how that works or if it's accurate.

Heavy (engine) loads help raise the exhaust temps so the aftertreatment system can perform regens. But it only helps if it's allowed to run for a continuous amount of time (usually about 45 minutes to an hour). Any disruption, like short hauls or a lot of stop and go, don't give the system enough time to clean itself. Like trying to cook a roast in the oven: Instead of an hour at 350 you try cooking it for 10 minutes at a time then take it out and cool it off before putting it back in for another 10 minutes. The outside may eventually get crispy but the inside will still be raw.

When someone connects to the ECM with Insite, have them check the abuse history and the aftertreatment history. See if you can get pictures or printouts of that info.

Hopefully you are looking at other similar trucks. It will give you more ways to compare and possibly information that can be used to negotiate should you decide to move forward on any of them.

There's tons of other things to check and I'm sure others will chime in, but that's off the top of my brain.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.