YTS Turbo
12-27-2019, (Subject: YTS Turbo ) 
YTS Turbo
02 ISX CM570
I install new turbo over the holiday,also installed new downpipe ‘inlet and outlet oil lines into turbo!
The problem I see is oil coming out my downpipe by clamp!
I just drove it 25 miles to load up ‘leave early tomorrow!
Question is ‘ Do new turbos-normally pass oil during break-in
Holset HX55 from YTS Griffin, Ga .
replyreply
RE: YTS Turbo
   Pic
replyreply

replyreply
Did you pre oil it when you installed it as per instructions.
replyreply
Yes, I pre oil !
replyreply
Hard to tell from pictures. Is it slobber from injectors or oil.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2
12-28-2019, (Subject: YTS Turbo ) 
Is it just me? - or does that clamp look like it is not installed properly.

Also, pull the pipe off it and see if the exhaust impeller is wet too.

I also like to hold a piece of paper about 4 - 6 inches or so behind the turbo with the exhaust piping pipe off it, have someone crank truck with everything dead cold, and see if the exhaust blasts any oil or coolant, etc. onto the sheet of paper during initial cranking / start-up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , JMBT
Check if the engine is breathing heavy and make sure the breather pipe isn't blocked/kinked.

Also, I think it's in poor taste to use the business name before any checks have been carried out on the turbo and engine. You could be running their reputation down for no good reason.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Pd6cas2
(12-28-2019 )Signature620 Wrote:  Check if the engine is breathing heavy and make sure the breather pipe isn't blocked/kinked.

Also, I think it's in poor taste to use the business name before any checks have been carried out on the turbo and engine. You could be running their reputation down for no good reason.

I get Your point on business name protection!I believe in honest’ unbiased experience in parts and services ‘
I needed honest advice of aftermarket product, Rawze always warns of non OEM parts and I figured I deserved a tongue lashing for not following advice.
So far turbo is holding up very well , I just drove 500 miles , No new leaks or problems ,oil level good . Minnesota got a Wicked Ice storm this morning and I had the pleasure of driving thru it.
Mpg and power are back up , thanks for the advice.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.