YTS Turbo
12-28-2019, (Subject: YTS Turbo ) 
RE: YTS Turbo
Looks like this is not a vgt turbo so if engine idles very long it may wet stack pipe some. So need to idle it up some. If was fresh install and it did this why was old turbo replaced. Could be that the old turbo went out and cause engine to over fuel and once you put it one on start up it could have caused this. Keep an eye on it for sure and one thing I do know is YTS has had a few with issues but has shipped one to replace one.... And found out later it was due to not cleaning debris from air cleaner from last turbo.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Pd6cas2 , 2dlb
I believe on the rebuilt turbos from Cummins the general consensus is that they are over priced and not very good.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
(12-28-2019 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Looks like this is not a vgt turbo so if engine idles very long it may wet stack pipe some. So need to idle it up some. If was fresh install and it did this why was old turbo replaced. Could be that the old turbo went out and cause engine to over fuel and once you put it one on start up it could have caused this. Keep an eye on it for sure and one thing I do know is YTS has had a few with issues but has shipped one to replace one.... And found out later it was due to not cleaning debris from air cleaner from last turbo.

I replaced the old turbo because of boost leak and wear , This is my first turbo replacement and I worried toasting a turbo and engine . Just finished my first day and turbo is dry , Thanks
replyreply
12-29-2019, (Subject: YTS Turbo ) 
(12-28-2019 )Mattman Wrote:  I believe on the rebuilt turbos from Cummins the general consensus is that they are over priced and not very good.

I got a OE cummins reman, mine has held up for almost 600k miles now, still going strong. - Did I get lucky>? -- or perhaps it is the fact i don;t drive my engine into the ground?

1.4 million miles on the truck, still on its second turbo. first one was changed at 580k miles

Pulled the actuator off it a few months ago just for an inspection,... felt good still (knock on wood).

=-- there are a LOT MORE BENEFITS to driving for high fuel mileage, keeping boost low, etc. than just the fuel saving alone.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman , SquareOne , Pd6cas2
I had those two Cummins remans, they were both slobbering right out of the box. The first one had oil pooling in my CAC, even in the intake side. I think it was on there for a week when I took it back, replaced no questions asked under warranty. The second one was not as bad, no pooling, just a fine oily mist that got all over everything. I think you got lucky, LOL!

That YTS is still bone dry internally, at least as of a few weeks ago. No mist on the exterior, like it is supposed to be.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2
(12-29-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I had those two Cummins remans, they were both slobbering right out of the box. The first one had oil pooling in my CAC, even in the intake side. I think it was on there for a week when I took it back, replaced no questions asked under warranty. The second one was not as bad, no pooling, just a fine oily mist that got all over everything. I think you got lucky, LOL!

That YTS is still bone dry internally, at least as of a few weeks ago. No mist on the exterior, like it is supposed to be.

Since you mentioned that, was that between the dealer rebuild and your rebuild at Rawze's? Any carbon or deposits on the pistons like mine?
replyreply
There were no carbon deposits to speak of, everything was really clean in both in frames. Slipped liner caused the damage, and I believe it was like that when I bought the truck. And of course after the dealership worked their magic, the botched one. No carbon. And I did see your photos, I had nothing even close, in fact, the head and valves looked good, really no carbon deposits to speak of, liners and pistons looked very good, as did the lower end bearings. That was on the first in frame. The second in frame, the lower end bearings were shot. They dry started the motor, or skipped using the Slick Lube...

The turbo was replaced at that first in frame, it was pouring oil out, I could not get that thing off quick enough, it was only on there around a week or two. The dealer replaced without question. The second one they installed was not as bad, just a light mist over all of the plumbing, looked like hell and was a dirt magnate. That was the one I replaced with the YTS turbo at Rawze's with the in frame we did there.

I had all of the plumbing off in October or November, when I was getting the truck ready for the winter. It was bone dry internally, a little dust, but that is normal, wiped everything down, inspected both sides of the CAC internally, both intake and exhaust side were nice and dry.

I'm out in Reno right now, just serviced the truck here at the Petro in Sparks. Really gave her a look over, didn't remove anything, just visual and walked around with the ratchet tightening things up. Looks really good under the hood. Knock on wood.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , quickrigs

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.