2011 Prostar Electrical fault
12-29-2019, (Subject: 2011 Prostar Electrical fault ) 
2011 Prostar Electrical fault
Hey fellas, So like the title says my Prostar has an electrical fault. Whenever I shut the truck off it will beep 10 times and show the fault on the dash odo screen. If I open the door and close it, It will do the same 10 beeps. OR if I turn the sleeper light on, It will beep with the fault when I shut the lights off. Also My engine fan acts funny sometimes, Like it will creep on by itself at like 3\4 speed and when I toggle it on manually it will come on fully, Turning the switch off shuts the fan off for a couple of seconds and then it creeps back up. At first I thought it was a mechanical issue but shutting the truck off and turning it back on again resolves this issue.

Today I started at my batteries, cleaned and replaced a bunch of the battery link cables, made sure everything looked good and clean and put it back together. There was quite a bit of corrosion going on there. Then I went to the fire wall and took apart the 100 amp fuse terminals, replaced them, cleaned everything there and put it back together. I also took apart the ground terminals and did the same. The truck now seems to start much better and even seems to be charging higher than it was before (which is a plus) But the electrical fault is still there. I also replaced every single fuse in the dash to no avail. (although for a 9 year old truck I think it was time to do that anyway). SO i don't have diamond logic and was just wondering where else I can look. From what I read on here there are more grounds inside of the cab? maybe my BCM is on its death bed? At this point im not sure. Truck drives and behaves 100% other than that and everything works 100%. Thanks in advance my dudes!
replyreply
RE: 2011 Prostar Electrical fault
Also My engine fan acts funny sometimes, Like it will creep on by itself at like 3\4 speed and when I toggle it on manually it will come on fully, Turning the switch off shuts the fan off for a couple of seconds and then it creeps back up.

I would change the fan clutch solenoid, first

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
I sent you a pm with a gift, I hope the link works.

The electrical problem you are having is a new one on me. It is more than likely something in the can bus system, like when I had my ABS, Jake and TC lights flashing going down the road. I took to dealer and they ran Diamond Logic and it pointed to the compass module.

The dealer wanted $350 for the module, and it was back ordered. I found one on eBay for $20.

Check your messages, and thank Lonestar... Just passing it on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Paccardude
(12-29-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I sent you a pm with a gift, I hope the link works.

The electrical problem you are having is a new one on me. It is more than likely something in the can bus system, like when I had my ABS, Jake and TC lights flashing going down the road. I took to dealer and they ran Diamond Logic and it pointed to the compass module.

The dealer wanted $350 for the module, and it was back ordered. I found one on eBay for $20.

My fan would go off and on mostly in the morning. Once she got good and warmed up it would act right. No codes and changed the actuator. Also it had the electrical fault on the dash with it shutting down a couple times. Over about three months, I would check the ECM fuse under the hood and it would run. Like a bad gremlin that left no trace. Well the ECM fried and she went on the hook. New ECM and the fan acts right now. Hope it's not your ECM, it wasn't cheap.
replyreply
(12-29-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  Also My engine fan acts funny sometimes, Like it will creep on by itself at like 3\4 speed and when I toggle it on manually it will come on fully, Turning the switch off shuts the fan off for a couple of seconds and then it creeps back up.

I would change the fan clutch solenoid, first

Yeah I thought of this but I changed it already and no difference
replyreply
(12-29-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I sent you a pm with a gift, I hope the link works.

Not sure why but no new messages in my inbox, maybe just hasn't come through yet? Anyway I appreciate the help. Such a weird electrical gremlin to have. I refuse to take it to the stealer cause I like my money and they will probably try to take it all.
replyreply
(12-29-2019 )Jprps Wrote:  

Not sure why but no new messages in my inbox, maybe just hasn't come through yet? Anyway I appreciate the help. Such a weird electrical gremlin to have. I refuse to take it to the stealer cause I like my money and they will probably try to take it all.
Didn't someone say on here once about tapping on the side of the ECM.
replyreply
Whack the ECM with a screwdriver handle or rubber mallet, right on top. If there is an issue with it, a few good whacks will normally answer that question.
replyreply
I’ll resend in a bit when I get to my laptop.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.