Turbo squealing
07-16-2016, (Subject: Turbo squealing ) 
RE: Turbo squealing
(07-16-2016 )joed2323 Wrote:  
(06-29-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  Very possible cause for to much smoke after idling is leaking oil from shaft seal ! There's not enough temperature to burn it off during idling and oil accumulate in the housing. Other possible cause is exhaust valves stem seals popped out of the valve guide and oil seeping into exhaust manifold. Both causes are very bad for everything down the line !
I think most likely your turbo is gone . At this point there's nothing to be afraid of . Just pull it off and use it to learn . Make pictures. Ask questions. We're here to help !

Is their a easier way to tell if the oil is coming from the turbo leaking oil or the motor leaking oil into the manifold?

If under easier way you mean not using wrenches ? The answer is NO .
The less invasive way is to separate turbo from exhaust manifold and use borescope to inspect which exhaust valve(s) stem seal(s) are compromised. If not borescope available you don't have choice but to pull exhaust manifold and inspect . The best way is to idle at least for a couple hours. Shut it off . Let it cool down to ambient temperature, then do it .
replyreply
07-16-2016, (Subject: Turbo squealing ) 
RE: Turbo squealing
I hate to say it but all your symptoms are describing the exact issues I just had with my truck with a 871 in it I would have the shop do a blow by test if u got excess crankcase pressure or u pull the oil fill cap off of it while it's running and she's huffing she's done bud! Decision time!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.