Coolant out exhaust?
12-30-2019, (Subject: Coolant out exhaust? ) 
Coolant out exhaust?
Ok I was driving smelled coolant, low coolant light came on pulled over immediately. Cloud of white smoke out the exhaust. Almost lost all coolant out bottle. Checked oil looked ok. While sitting coolant was draining Out of the pipe behind turbo. Can a egr cooler failure cause me to loose that much coolant out the exhaust that fast? Thank you
replyreply
RE: Coolant out exhaust?
Yep, it sure can. Which motor do you have, miles too.
replyreply
Yes I've seen it before on a maxfrouce but in the end it had a broke head after getting the egr cooler fixed the right way
replyreply
EGR, Turbo, Turbo actuator all have coolant also dont while EGR is the most likely culprit the others could happen to.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(12-30-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Yep, it sure can. Which motor do you have, miles too.

It’s a 2250 recent rebuild with less than 100,000 on it. New head from Cummins about 4months ago. The mechanic took the crossover tube off and ran the truck there’s so much pressure it shooting out the cap. That means it’s not the cooler right?
replyreply
(12-30-2019 )Jmayberry2011 Wrote:  
(12-30-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Yep, it sure can. Which motor do you have, miles too.

It’s a 2250 recent rebuild with less than 100,000 on it. New head from Cummins about 4months ago. The mechanic took the crossover tube off and ran the truck there’s so much pressure it shooting out the cap. That means it’s not the cooler right?
When my cooler went, it put antifreeze into the head. But no were near that amount. Mine burnt the valves and it just cranked fast, wouldn't even try to start.
replyreply

Sounds like the guy that did my first in frame did yours... Mine went 70,000 miles, actually less, when all coolant broke loose. I would bet they skipped the part in the Cummins Service Manual that instructs the mechanic to machine or cut the block ledges that the liners ride on.

I instructed the shop that did my first in frame to cut the block and set the liners are .014 of an inch in regards to protrusion. They lied to me and said they did, #5 liner fretted, or busted loose and damaged the head, coolant was shooting out of the bottle, hoses blowing off, etc. That is when Rawze called and said bring it down to his house and we will fix it correctly.

That is when we discovered they installed 2350 parts in my 871... That is when the fun began.

Who did the in frame?
replyreply
01-01-2020, (Subject: Coolant out exhaust? ) 

YOUR MECHANIC IS AN IDIOT@!@!@!@@@@@

PRESSURIZE THE DAMN COOLANT SYSTEM TO 20-PSI AND FIND THE PROBLEM!!!-- WHY THE HELL SOME DUMBARSSE MECHANIC WOULD RUN AN ENGINE WITH A MASSIVE COOLANT LEAK IS BEYOND ME -- IF THAT EGR COOLER IS DUMPING COOLANT OUT, YOU CAN HYDRALOCK THAT ENGINE AND BEND A F$KING ROD!!! -- WHAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!!!! -- RUN LIKE HELL AND FIND SOMEONE WHO IS NOT SO DAMN INCOMPETENT!!!

--- YES the EGR COOLER will pour coolant into the exhaust AND into the intake, through the cylinders, AND PRESSURIZE THE COOLANT SYSTEM, AND it will contaminate EVERYTHING,.. it gets into the oil (past the piston rings), it contaminates the intake, egr circuits, the exhaust, and washes out the DOC element and DPF element and causes a ton of damage and excesds wear real fast! -- AND it can hydra-lock the engine and/or cause it to bend a rod!

ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE -- ESPECIALLY IF IT IS THAT BAD -- IT SHOULD BE EASY AS HELL TO FIND THE ACTUAL PROBLEM!!!

CM2250 is slightly different (actually easier to check than 871) but is the same concept as this video ...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-02-2020, (Subject: Coolant out exhaust? ) 
Listen to Rawze.

He might come a cross as a jerk or harsh but when it comes to the isx I’ll bet a fist full of dollars he is 100% right.

So listen to his words. Even in this case I agree with his assessment of your shop. Leave using a tow truck and never go back.

I will also bet that if it’s your head gasket that you will be rebuilding that motor again right now and if it’s not your head gasket you will be rebuilding that motor in 100,000 miles or less.

At least that’s the odds anyways.

After my second rebuild I’m hoping I got this isx licked.

Yes Mr.Rawze

I kept my motor and rebuilt it. Yes I did as you suggested also. Good thing because #2-3-4-5 liners were already squirming worst was 2 and best was 5 out of those 4. For the life of me I don’t know why 1 & 6 liners were not squirming.

Hope I made you proud.
New head “not reman”
New liners and rings
Cut the block and counter boars as you suggested “ the machinists that cam am did it said that the isx is 98% of his business and to shim the liners 0.015 installed instead of 0.014”
Brand new crank , balancer, clutch/flywheel so all the rotating assembly has no questions.

101,280 miles on cumins certified rebuild and motor was trash. At least I didn’t ventilate the block.

OP jmayberry

Do your self a favor and read this forum and take Rawze’s advise, he said s right and speaks cold cold hard facts.

If you do as he tells you you will be thousands of dollars ahead.

Ps. Rawze
I did not mean my opening to sound as though I was name calling , I wasn’t. Like you I just tell it like it is.

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.