black smoking cm870
12-31-2019, (Subject: black smoking cm870 ) 
black smoking cm870
hey guys ive had issues with a cm870 the was deleted and had the vgt jammed..after doing an overhual i am now noticing a thick heavy black smoke when accelerating and a lil loss of power...tried different tunes and same issue...could it be my overheads not right or turbo?
replyreply
RE: black smoking cm870
What do you mean when you say you "tried different tunes"? There are parameters that must be live edited on an 870. You can't just use an overlay that some dumbass gives you. When you say " had the VGT jammed" I really hope you didn't do this intentionally?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo
if the engine wasnt tuned here its most likely the tune. but could be EGR if not plugged has opened, if still has VGT but its held full open then well the thing will run like garbage, the 870 is a whole other ballgame to tune compared to cm871 and newer, if jammed means it has a whole other turbo non VGT then the engine is probably even more fouled up because the bonebags that call them selves tuners out there are nothing more than copy paste trash tune artists. last truck i looked at before was tuned showed 740k on the odo after the tune it now has 420k....obviously tune was pulled from another truck then put into his with no consideration if they were even the same CPL numbers, also he was told it was set for 600/2050 after rawze calculated it was more like 750 and idk on torque plus the vgt had no idea how to control itself, the shop that did it charged him 5,000 for their hackery i fixed him up with a bit of help in 20minutes for free since the dpf was empty and their were blocker plates on EGR.

almost every "Tuned" truck ive ran into that wasnt tuned by a tuner not from this forum has nothing but issue after issue and catastrophic failures.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo , 2dlb
if jammed means it has a whole other turbo non VGT then the engine is probably even more fouled up because the bonebags that call them selves tuners out there are nothing more than copy paste trash tune artists.

Hilarious!!!

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
01-01-2020, (Subject: black smoking cm870 ) 
(12-31-2019 )wellrun Wrote:  hey guys ive had issues with a cm870 the was deleted and had the vgt jammed..after doing an overhual i am now noticing a thick heavy black smoke when accelerating and a lil loss of power...tried different tunes and same issue...could it be my overheads not right or turbo?

your problem is that your dealing with obviously a bunch of complete morons who may be good at getting into the ecm,.. but know nothing about how a modern diesel engine works.

Mommaburt or Unilevers -- they are the 870 veterans who do things the right way without shortcuts. -- and fix that goddamn VG TURBO, AND MAKE IT OPERATE CORRECTLY!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 05ISX450
01-03-2020, (Subject: black smoking cm870 ) 
I'm getting 12 volts at the air autcutor for the turbo.... Manual and wiring diagram said it should be 5volts also 10 volts on the signal side.... I also made my checks directly at the ecm also to isolate a wiring issues.... could be a bad ecm or those numbers are correct?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.