2010 prostar suspension dump fault
01-01-2020, (Subject: 2010 prostar suspension dump fault ) 
2010 prostar suspension dump fault
2010 prostar with an isx 871. My suspension dump switch flashes constantly when truck is on. It shows a code for a fault in the circuit somewhere. The dump position works every time, but the inflate position is fickle as anything, usually takes 5 minutes of flipping back and forth, it just works randomly. I’ve examined the switch and the circuit board behind it, can’t see a problem.

One thing I don’t know is where the body controller is on this model, anyone know?

Thoughts on how to diagnose?
replyreply
01-01-2020, (Subject: 2010 prostar suspension dump fault ) 
RE: 2010 prostar suspension dump fault
Last 8 of your VIN. What is the code or codes? Probably the solenoid down on the frame or the funky little plastic double chi valve. This will sound crazy but does the light on the switch flash fast or slow? Fast is pretty quick and that indicates a circuit fault which makes sense since you're getting a code for that. FWIW A slow flash means a condition has not been met.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos
01-10-2020, (Subject: 2010 prostar suspension dump fault ) 
Can’t believe this, after doing that for a year it suddenly works perfect. And it was a slow flash. I’ve tested it a bunch and the solenoids work consistently both ways evey time. However the switch still flashes sometimes.
replyreply
01-10-2020, (Subject: 2010 prostar suspension dump fault ) 
On the inside of the drivers side frame right beside the transmission is a bank of actuators, swap one with the suspension one to see if that's the problem.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
01-11-2020, (Subject: 2010 prostar suspension dump fault ) 
(01-10-2020 )Brock Wrote:  On the inside of the drivers side frame right beside the transmission is a bank of actuators, swap one with the suspension one to see if that's the problem.

That same actuator back-plane is plastic and tends to get leaky after a hard winter as well,.. that or crack. They are terrible.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
01-11-2020, (Subject: 2010 prostar suspension dump fault ) 
(01-10-2020 )Downthehaul Wrote:  Can’t believe this, after doing that for a year it suddenly works perfect. And it was a slow flash. I’ve tested it a bunch and the solenoids work consistently both ways evey time. However the switch still flashes sometimes.
Gotta love electrical. Slow flash once per sec. Fast flash 2 per sec. Should be a 4 pak board . Board 2505594C1, solenoids 2506712C91, NO both of them. Ring where the air line goes in should be white. Black gizmo is the shuttle valve 3584247C1. The solenoids are battery voltage operated. Thar voltage comes from the body computer. The body computer reacts to the switch position in the dash. Taking a look at the troubleshooting you need to be under 5 mph. If the body computer doesn't like the status a.k.a. condition of the solenoids it won't let anything happen. I don't see a lot of these. What is odd is that the solenoid condition can either be a condition not met which would be this slow flash or a fault which would be the fast flash. Rawze is right the board is suspect. Also check the plug from the truck into the board for corrosion there. Once everything happens here it sends an error signal back to the ride control valve which controls the raise and lower of the suspension dump. Hope that helps some.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , barf
01-19-2020, (Subject: 2010 prostar suspension dump fault ) 
Some pics and part #'s for the air solenoid valves on PStars ./uploads/202001/post_3838_1579480722_ef341b367b160e55cc90e3ddd00b7c0a.jpg./uploads/202001/post_3838_1579480752_aa7cd5cc78bd74b79658291fb01ad02c.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
01-20-2020, (Subject: 2010 prostar suspension dump fault ) 
thanks for the share.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.