Crankshaft Adapter Hub REMOVAL\ INSTALL
01-02-2020, (Subject: Crankshaft Adapter Hub REMOVAL\ INSTALL ) 
Crankshaft Adapter Hub REMOVAL\ INSTALL
Anyone done this, it's a motherfcuker. I got the adapter off. I ground down a slot and cracked it in half. I also did the same thing to the brand new one I did not get hot enough to slide on all the way. Heating it for 5 hours in my oven at max was not enough. I'm going to bake this one then blast it with a propane torch with a large 3in tip for half hour or so prior to this next try. I'm also going to put dry ice on the shaft and keep that wrapped tight until I'm ready to install again.

Any pointers are appreciated.

User's Signature: Owner Operator
'08 Pete 386 ISX15 - Ravens 48' flatbed
'85 Pete 359 - Retired to save the planet
replyreply
01-02-2020, (Subject: Crankshaft Adapter Hub REMOVAL\ INSTALL ) 
RE: Crankshaft Adapter Hub REMOVAL\ INSTALL
go to quickserv.com and follow the proper procedures before you screw something up even worse.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-05-2020, (Subject: Crankshaft Adapter Hub REMOVAL\ INSTALL ) 
Music RE: Crankshaft Adapter Hub REMOVAL\ INSTALL
Baked in the oven 6 hours to 500F then the torch got it up to about 700 and it went right on. Shes up and running, heading out to pick up a load in a few hours.

If anyone ever has any questions about this fun procedure I'm happy to help with anything I can.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , tree98
@RAWZE , Can I get any kind of free access to quickserv ?

replyreply
How hard was it lining up the dowel? Kudos for tackling it.
replyreply
01-06-2020, (Subject: Crankshaft Adapter Hub REMOVAL\ INSTALL ) 
TBEV, go to quickserve.com and register your engine serial number and you will have access to the full parts and service manuals online. Totally FREE!!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: TBEV
(01-06-2020 )JMBT Wrote:  TBEV, go to quickserve.com and register your engine serial number and you will have access to the full parts and service manuals online. Totally FREE!!

WoW, Super bitchen, Thanks a million that ill come in handy I'm sure. I certainly didn't know it was free.

replyreply
(01-05-2020 )Nostalgic Wrote:  How hard was it lining up the dowel? Kudos for tackling it.

It wasn't hard at all. If it's hot enough it will go right on and it will rotate freely. I had to hold it in place about 30 seconds until it cooled down. I hope I can help someone down the line. Bake it for 6 hours, then blast it with a rosebud. I also setup a space heater to try to warm up the air around the front of the motor. I did it outside in about 40F temps.
As long as it's hot enough you won't have trouble. doesn't need to be entirely red hot but it should be glowing a little. 700 F is not going to hurt it. I've got 200 mile son it so far, all is well, next I'll be doing the leaky rear main. haha. I sure am looking forward to my new quickserv account!!!

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Pd6cas2
(01-06-2020 )TBEV Wrote:  
(01-05-2020 )Nostalgic Wrote:  How hard was it lining up the dowel? Kudos for tackling it.

It wasn't hard at all. If it's hot enough it will go right on and it will rotate freely. I had to hold it in place about 30 seconds until it cooled down. I hope I can help someone down the line. Bake it for 6 hours, then blast it with a rosebud. I also setup a space heater to try to warm up the air around the front of the motor. I did it outside in about 40F temps.
As long as it's hot enough you won't have trouble. doesn't need to be entirely red hot but it should be glowing a little. 700 F is not going to hurt it. I've got 200 mile son it so far, all is well, next I'll be doing the leaky rear main. haha. I sure am looking forward to my new quickserv account!!!

I watched a youtube of a shop pulling one with hydraulic puller, and thought I saw one being installed too, but it's been a while. Sure would have made your job easier to pull rather than cut the old one off. I figured it would want to start grabbing the crank as soon as it made contact. - nice to know if you get it heated up to the right temp it's workable, I just hope I never have to do it haha.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.