Dpf temps
01-02-2020, (Subject: Dpf temps ) 
Dpf temps
Hello everyone. Truck had been doing pretty good up until lately with regens. It has started just before Christmas asking for a regen on dash where I could actually push the button to start the process. First time it has ever done that since I’ve owned it. Bought in February 19 started running it in April. So I pushed button let it do it’s thing and away I went. But noticed it was doing a regen or trying to often. I took filter out. Replaced gaskets and clamps throughout the exhaust system weekend just before Christmas cause I could smell raw diesel whenever it would regen. Do good Monday then Tuesday It started asking for a regen again. I didn’t perform one after gaskets cause a friend had my laptop and didn’t get it back until Tuesday night. Well figured I’d take the load headed about 2 hours away and let it regen running down the road. Seemed ok but back at it again today with wanting to regen. I didn’t work Wednesday so seems like once a day on most days it wants to or tries to. So. To my point. I’m sitting in truck doing a regen now and inlet temp is about 100 degrees less than outlet temp. Inlet is 1010 and outlet 1100 doc 673. Is that normal on temps. Also had some inactive codes when I plugged in. I’ll try and post pic but it was 5397 2 counts and 3251 5 counts. 2012 Freightliner cascadia 2250 656,000 miles. Last pic is during regen

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Dpf temps
And final numbers after a regen.

Also did injector test.

replyreply
Did you have the filter baked and flow tested?

I can't answer your temperature questions cause I don't know the answers.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
post a pic of the regen history
replyreply
01-03-2020, (Subject: Dpf temps ) 
I thought about that after I left. Last 10 regens was all between 2-8 hours and numbers was over 3 and up to 5 on most. No. I didn’t have it baked. I took it out to replace the gaskets as they where junk and leaking. Should I replace that injector that failed 2 of the tests? I hit a deer couple months back and I had to replace the cac condenser grill. Went oem with charge air but I have noticed a slight drop in fuel mileage. 50-100 miles per fill up. Would that injector cause that and cause excessive regen?
replyreply
Time to bake !! 3- 5 is too high. Do it now before you cause more damage! Or better yet get rid of the mandate and cut your problems by about 75%

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I messaged a guy close to me to see if he would do it. I’d rather just demandate and be done. Waiting to see if I hear back from him. I know others that do it but I don’t trust anyone that’s not recommended here. I’ve read all the horror stories and dang sure don’t want to be part of that club.
replyreply
(01-03-2020 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  I messaged a guy close to me to see if he would do it. I’d rather just demandate and be done. Waiting to see if I hear back from him. I know others that do it but I don’t trust anyone that’s not recommended here. I’ve read all the horror stories and dang sure don’t want to be part of that club.

Please don't end up bacomming the next victim. Use one of the ppl recommended off here. Your welcome to PM me on who you chose so that i know it was someone decent.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-02-2020 )Unilevers Wrote:  post a pic of the regen history

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.