Dpf temps
01-07-2020, (Subject: Dpf temps ) 
RE: Dpf temps
If you have an exhaust leak somewhere in the system, you need to address that issue asap. With a leak in the system, you are introducing cooler ambient air into the system which will not allow the DPF to get to the proper temperatures while driving or during the regen process. This is going to cause the system to fail the cleaning process and continue to build up soot instead of burning off into the finer ash that we are wanting.
As far as the injector 5 (?) failing its test, that is checking the injectors at different pressures and determining if it's operating properly in that psi range. I'd run the test a couple times and see if you get the same readings. I've seen several that would fail one time and then pass the next three tests due to a fluke in the test. If you continue to get the same failed reading, it may be time for a new injector.
replyreply
01-08-2020, (Subject: Dpf temps ) 
RE: Dpf temps
(01-07-2020 )bwake Wrote:  If you have an exhaust leak somewhere in the system, you need to address that issue asap. With a leak in the system, you are introducing cooler ambient air into the system which will not allow the DPF to get to the proper temperatures while driving or during the regen process. This is going to cause the system to fail the cleaning process and continue to build up soot instead of burning off into the finer ash that we are wanting.
As far as the injector 5 (?) failing its test, that is checking the injectors at different pressures and determining if it's operating properly in that psi range. I'd run the test a couple times and see if you get the same readings. I've seen several that would fail one time and then pass the next three tests due to a fluke in the test. If you continue to get the same failed reading, it may be time for a new injector.

Yeah. The exhaust I already worked on to get it fixed. Didn’t know I had another one until after I did the other work but I will address it. I’ll run test couple more times.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.