New fuel pump installation 2250.
01-03-2020, (Subject: New fuel pump installation 2250. ) 
New fuel pump installation 2250.
Quickserve stated fuel pump and crank shaft need to be timed before installation. My question is new fuel pump timed from the factory or i need to remove gear pump to set timing?
replyreply
RE: New fuel pump installation 2250.
Mine was timed to the gear pump from the factory. If I remember right though, it was a couple years ago, there was a little mark on the pump drive gear that needed to be inline with a notch on the housing of the pump. I turned the gear by hand to align marks, then installed it. Didn’t do anything special with the crank.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(01-03-2020 )JMBT Wrote:  Mine was timed to the gear pump from the factory. If I remember right though, it was a couple years ago, there was a little mark on the pump drive gear that needed to be inline with a notch on the housing of the pump. I turned the gear by hand to align marks, then installed it. Didn’t do anything special with the crank.
Pump has mark on the gear and I if my memory still serve it was on quickserve to align this mark with some other mark. Now quickserve procedure require special tool, remove gear pump and put this tool instead to align.
Some places mention to align mark on the gear to left upper mounting bolt hole. I'm not sure.
Hopefully Mr Hug will come here.
replyreply
01-04-2020, (Subject: New fuel pump installation 2250. ) 
So far found this ./uploads/202001/post_1794_1578142402_e19b9cb968e66088c1c55168cb7c9235.png
Why quickserve abandoned this simple procedure and start using "special tool"?
replyreply
(01-04-2020 )snailexpress Wrote:  So far found this

To keep "US" from believing we can do repairs ourselves, as the cost of buying a "special tool" for a probably once in a lifetime repair makes it cost prohibitive...in other words, to screw us!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , JMBT , Waterloo
(01-04-2020 )snailexpress Wrote:  So far found this

(speculation only): Because the 'certified techs/under-trained parts changers' are unable to properly align it without a tool to hold their hand?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo
Agreed! New pump installation should be straight forward. I would pin crank, line up pump as pictured above, and install. No special tools needed. Tbh I'm suprised they even give us access to quick serve. I'm not suprised it says you need a special tool.

Cheers and good luck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
01-05-2020, (Subject: New fuel pump installation 2250. ) 
Yep, snail that is exactly what I did. Aligned it like the diagram you posted and slide it on. It has been just fine ever since. (About 200k now)

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.