Isx wont start
01-07-2020, (Subject: Isx wont start ) 
RE: Isx wont start
Oh I'm dedicated to doing the right thing and I'm always open to learn more about things I dont know. I know right from wrong. I use a torque wrench on everything. I go by quickserve methods and steps to diag things. Tbh 90 percent of the time I work on my own shi#t. I dont like it enough to have a shop. But when I do work on things I dont half ass things. I treat it like my own. Things I do for other people I tell them theres a wrong way and the right way. Putting it back together with low protrusion was not my choice....it was his. And I made it clearly known if it drops more or blows another gasket.....dont be suprised and you get to pay me all over again. Pay me now or pay me later. Either way I get paid. By personal choice, I would've rather done it the correct way. If It was my own, you are damn right it woulda been the right way.

I'm not for the pissing match with anyone. I respect you rawze from the things I've heard and seen. I'm here to learn more about what I dont know and help people that have lack of. Isnt that the goal here? To be a nit tight forum that helps people work on and keep their shi#t in running condition and away from people who rob every dollar out of us? Bc that's what I'm here for....
replyreply
Todd, you are in the right place, BUT! You should have run that guy off, because he will be out of business soon, trust me, and then he will sell that truck to a schlep like me, and put me out of business before I even get a chance to get off the ground. Every action, has a reaction, and in this case, it just may ruin an innocent trucker, or entire family. He will not be back, and if he is, he will probably have a lawyer in tow. Don't mess with this sheet, fix it right, like Rawze said, or do not do it at all. Rawze.com is not about taking money from ignorant rubes, it is about doing things RIGHT.

Brother, I have been through the above, either do it right or do not do it, please. Not a hit on you personally, you sound like a STAND UP GUY.

I spent 4 months at Rawze's house, we in framed my motor in HIS driveway because a shop cut corners, and installed 2350 parts in my 871, did not cut the block, and a laundry list of incompetence... It was a mess, and a shoddy job.

Meanwhile, while all of this was going on, I got to spend quite a bit of time at Mr Hagg's shop. Guys would come in, financially not in the best shape, but had enough for the bare minimum for an in frame. You know what? Jerry (Mr Hagg) is a class act, he would make sure that motor was sound when it left, he did not cut corners because the customer wasn't quite there financially. Not that he gave anything away, he is a business, but he has his reputation, and that is worth more to him than a few hours of extra work.

What Rawze and Jerry did for me... Todd, I will never forget, nor will I ever be able to repay, they did all of this for FREE! And fed and housed me for FOUR MONTHS! Todd, don't be that guy, do it right or do not do it. Please.

I had to get that off my chest, and I am not the only one here that has been through this, trust me on that.

Todd, welcome aboard, and I mean that, you are new here, and you sound like you have much to offer... This is the place, the only place that we have that has a solid reputation of doing things the right way, and that is all anyone here asks. We ain't perfect, and Rawze will bite you, he has bitten me, again, WELCOME ABOARD, and please do not take any of this personally, everyone gets a bit of the Hot Sauce here, and trust me, it is nothing personal. I lived with Rawze for four months, the man is the salt of the Earth and gives his services away for free. Well, a few cases of beer helps too... LOL!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Pd6cas2
I'd just reassemble it and wait until you get Insite running. It could be as simple as no engine speed signal.

It is incredibly unlikely that a part has failed & much more possible that something has been overlooked or incorrectly fitted since it was obviously just thrown together to get it out.

If you haven't spilled fuel all over it, check if the rear section of the high pressure fuel pump (gear pump) is greasy. They can suck air and will leak fuel from their weep hole if that's the case.
replyreply
Waterloo,
Could not agree more with you. I didnt want to do the work in the first place. To make a long story short...I run trucks of my own with drivers in them. Work for him in my spare time making extra money while my trucks were out. I didnt dictate what happened in that particular situation. I'm a boss to my trucks, but as an employee to him, not his. If the guy says this is what we are doing sadly I was in no position to argue. I don't believe it was right and we all know there will be trauma down the road. I explained why it was wrong, what could happen and how highly against it I was. But in the interest of his wallet he didnt wanna hear it.

I can completely understand where you are coming from because I have been there. My first truck was a 3406e poorly built and maintained and left me new to the business with a shi#t setup and broke all the time trying to keep going. It's a terrible place to be. So I do understand.

I dont take it personal and I understand the bite. I completely agree if you half ass shi#t then you dont belong here giving people some shotty advice. I wasnt boasting or bragging about my last job. Just saying in comparison to my situation, his ran fine when finished. Put it back together via book just like I did mine. His ran my didnt. Although mine was touched by someone else...his was solely me.

And like I've said in previous posts, I'd like to think I have alot of experience and would like to share and help someone less fortunate or maybe considered more fortunate to not have gone through all the things I have. I dont know everything and certainly would like to know more. I'm never against not learning. For example I'll admit it, I dont know the first thing about dpfs, docs, scars, or def systems. I've been fortunate to not encounter any problems in my path. Doesnt mean I would not like to learn and be educated for when that time comes.

I'm a motor guy. In and out of machine shops. I've put together motors of all shapes and sizes. Isxs,cats, and shi#t I have a 4 cyl big turbo civic that currently makes 700 to the wheel and runs 9s. Motors have been in my blood forever. I grew up like most people enter trucking, broke. Anything I wanted I had to get broken, from a friend, from the dump, who knows. I would take whatever that was, learn as much as I could about it and make it work again. That's the only reason I ever had the nicer things growing up. Laptops,computers, ipods, go karts, ect. That's where you start to appreciate the correct way and nice job you do because you can stand behind it like shi#t...I did that. And know it wont let you down.

Back to my situation,
I cracked return and cranked. Found return fuel flow. Cut an old line and welded shut for a test tool. When down the rail blocking off one cyl at a time and cranked. Low and behold got to the 6th cyl and she fired fired off. Okay. Perfect. Started to inspect things and found feed tube loose. Re torqued, checked again. Still loose. Put torque wrench back on it spins under torque again. Odd. Checked, still loose. So I pulled it all apart. Compared to cyl 5 to make sure of same length, not crushed. Put back together had to keep torqing I'd have to say like a dozen times before tube was tight. Fired off fine. Still have 157 low fuel pressure, and some weird 639 1939 message missing between modules. Never seen that one before. I can only assume bc the tube is still bleeding off my rail pressure.

I got a tube, seal, and nut coming. Going to pull injector to make sure it's alright. If not I'll need one of those also.

I did do a high pressure pump head and the gear transfer pump as I believed to be original with 900k on them. Both had unchipped red paint..even the bolts where painted with no signs of being taken off...who knows could have been a respray after someone replaced. To me, def a wise investment I believe.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(01-07-2020 )Toddmsc Wrote:  ...
Started to inspect things and found feed tube loose. Re torqued, checked again. Still loose. Put torque wrench back on it spins under torque again. Odd. Checked, still loose. So I pulled it all apart. Compared to cyl 5 to make sure of same length, not crushed. Put back together had to keep torqing I'd have to say like a dozen times before tube was tight. Fired off fine. Still have 157 low fuel pressure, and some weird 639 1939 message missing between modules. Never seen that one before. I can only assume bc the tube is still bleeding off my rail pressure.

I got a tube, seal, and nut coming. Going to pull injector to make sure it's alright. If not I'll need one of those also.

I did do a high pressure pump head and the gear transfer pump as I believed to be original with 900k on them. Both had unchipped red paint..even the bolts where painted with no signs of being taken off...who knows could have been a respray after someone replaced. To me, def a wise investment I believe.

Sounds like your on the right road with it.

Be sure to also do a rail leak test before calling it good too.. Hence the urgent need to always have Insite when working on these newer engines. if it can;t pass this leak test in just this same way, it may seem to run ok, but it is still going to suffer problems...

Here is the video for a 2250/2350...

The old-school days of "it sounds and runs ok" will fool a person in a hurry. - these things are delicate flowers that need a lot of attention to detail, or they suffer in the end.

Just about every truck that shows up here, that leak-down test is one of the first things I go for if the truck owner is complaining about low fuel mileage or other fuel related, or emissions system issues on them. - these things are notorious for not passing this test after injectors or the fuel system has been worked on, and later still having problems.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Also forgot to mention that the injector trim codes need to be verified, and ensure the right code matches the injector for that hole.. another reason to have insite on that thing. - If someone swapped around injectors, and the trim codes do not match the cylinders, then not having those codes right can cause all sorts of issues later on too.

-- never guess or make any assumptions on these engines. always verify everything before calling it good, especially if someone else has had their hands in it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.