Intermittent boost loss
01-05-2020, (Subject: Intermittent boost loss ) 
RE: Intermittent boost loss
I adjusted all the clamps on the turbo there were a couple I could tighten but not much. I changed the 3 main sensors that always seem to be recommended. Actuator is new/reman, it came already pre set and mounted on the turbo. I think the overhead was ran last year, but I'm not positive. Change the oil @ 15k or sooner. The emissions system from the egr cooler back to the stacks was completely dismantled cleaned tested and put back when the turbo was done. I think I changed the back pressure sensor.
replyreply
(01-05-2020 )Jose9640 Wrote:  Any codes? Sounds like a VGT issue to me.

No codes whatsoever. It just cuts out, then comes back slowly over 30-60 seconds. Sometimes it will cut right back out again.
replyreply
You need to get insite and run it...
replyreply
If its a whine could be oil pump if its a whistle kind of sound maybe egr leaking some where.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant
It is more of a whistle. It does it as soon as I crank the truck, since I put the new turbo on, it seems to smooth out, in assuming that would be the vgt working.
replyreply
You could pressurize the entire engine to 30 psi and see if you have a leak somewhere.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JMBT , Rawze
I drove a truck that did this remove your turbo actuator and recalibrate it check the turbo VG ring for smooth movement and move it to the appropriate position and reinstall the actuator but before you do make sure you're connected to it on insite and make sure it's in the "install" mode, then test the calibration with it installed insite will be very clear on how to do this.
replyreply
01-06-2020, (Subject: Intermittent boost loss ) 
Mark, I'm solar powered as well, you know what that means...
Sun is coming up, and I've got to put my day in while it is...I'll try post something for you here tonight

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
01-06-2020, (Subject: Intermittent boost loss ) 
So sounds like engine is doing the scr warm up mode on start up causing turbo to spool up. Pull engine number and check quickserve make sure it has the right calibration in it. Then look over egr boots going from exhaust manifold up to egr and across engine may have a leak there some where.... Turbos will have a whistle to then when engine starts up and turbo it closed for warm up...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.