Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring
01-06-2020, (Subject: Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring ) 
RE: Detroit DDEC-V stalling and misfiring
bring a spare ECM - they are common for failing. Check the powers and grounds to it. Dont know if thats what it is but its something.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Rawze , 2dlb
I'll have to try and rule out everything else I think first because I dont have a spare ecm kicking around.

It didnt even dawn on me that it may be a bad ecm with no codes up. Thanks!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I had a DD5 ECM do something very similar to that. It turned out to be the ECM. Seemed to be something with turning the injectors on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Rawze
(01-06-2020 )MommaBurt Wrote:  I had a DD5 ECM do something very similar to that. It turned out to be the ECM. Seemed to be something with turning the injectors on.

How was it diagnosed? Or did you just eliminate everything else first? Have a spare ecm?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
have a spare ecm for testing. you can borrow mine if you want lol
replyreply
(01-06-2020 )Unilevers Wrote:  have a spare ecm for testing. you can borrow mine if you want lol

Thank you, I appreciate it! I'll try a couple other things, maybe see if I can get it to run on liquid crack to rule out a mechanical failure first.

replyreply
(01-06-2020 )Brock Wrote:  
(01-06-2020 )MommaBurt Wrote:  I had a DD5 ECM do something very similar to that. It turned out to be the ECM. Seemed to be something with turning the injectors on.

How was it diagnosed? Or did you just eliminate everything else first? Have a spare ecm?

That one seemed to be effected by heat if I remember. Like a separation in a solder joint. We just tried a spare ecm because it was easy to tell that the ecm was bad.
replyreply
I removed the check valve from the back of the head and opened it to inspect it and everything's fine, and checked the check valve on the Davco, fuel drained from head. Filled davco back up and have been trying to crank the engine for a while now with no luck, it wont even start with ether.

Level in Davco isnt going down so I'm going to break the fuel line and see if the pump is even pumping fuel.

replyreply
Took the pressure line off the fuel pump and cranked the engine, 0 fuel comes out when turning over the engine.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.