Fuel in oil
01-22-2020, (Subject: Fuel in oil ) 
RE: Fuel in oil
That fuel line you speak of goes to the DPF injector block. If the spare IFSM doesnt have the fitting to screw the line onto it is probably from a CM870 and I'm pretty sure they have different fueling and timing actuators.

The groove in your existing IFSM is probably not an issue. That oring just keeps the oil in the head from leaking outside. It doesnt seal fuel in.

You should run the engine on dyed fuel in a bucket, not just put dye in the filter. That way you have much more time to see where it's going. Run supply and return lines into the bucket or most of the dye will just go out the return to the tanks.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Joker0916
01-23-2020, (Subject: Fuel in oil ) 
Joker0916 Wrote:I'm having trouble figuring out what the small line on the IFSM goes to. it it directly under the cut off solenoid. On the right beside the pressure relief valve. It goes to something on the block behind the filter. When you blow in it, the air comes out the center of the fuel filter. I got a used IFSM and it must be from a earlier model because it does not have it. I have pictures but don't know how to get them to you. My email is [email protected] my cell is 281 806 9429. I have to put it back together in the morning. Please help if you can. Thanks Jason.

the small line off the bottom end of the IFSM below the shutoff solenoid is the feed line for the doser injector circuit on the CM871.

Register your engine on quickserv.com (its free)for all the breakdown drawings and related info on your engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Joker0916
01-23-2020, (Subject: Fuel in oil ) 
(01-06-2020 )Joker0916 Wrote:  ...

Within 1100 miles the oil pressure started getting a little lower than I liked so I changed the oil and filter again So I could make it back home to New Caney, Tx.

Do you know for sure its fuel in the oil?-- or is it severe soot packing that is causing the oil pressure to drop (a more common problem) from a restricted oil filter?

does replacing just the filter make the oil pressure come back?

=========

also, have you had the program looked at to see if it is safe for engine by of one of the recommended ppl on here (mommaburt, unilevers, or myself)?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Joker0916
03-07-2020, (Subject: Fuel in oil ) 
(01-06-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-06-2020 )Joker0916 Wrote:  ...
Rawze say on another post looks like a bad delete job. That scares me because It is deleted...
bad delete + lots of power that uses the wrong combustion stategy = typical cracked head eventually, putting fuel into the oil.

just s thought. Seen it plenty of times before....

He sent me pics ... Cracked in the head between valve seats at cylinder#4 ... man, that sucks.

replyreply
03-07-2020, (Subject: Fuel in oil ) 
Oh man, that really sucks, not a good place to be...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.