Some questions
02-01-2021, (Subject: Some questions ) 
RE: Some questions
Get 2 cross overs and wire 4th bat in + to + and - to -. Unless your doing something funky with it only powering some circuits then you'll need to get into custom wiring with diodes or gateways and such.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
02-01-2021, (Subject: Some questions ) 
RE: Some questions
(02-01-2021 )Zondo956 Wrote:  My truck has 3 batteries like the OP mentioned and I’d like to add a forth. If I add the forth battery how should I wire it in? I’ve seen different ways batteries are wired on same model trucks.
Seems like AGM is the way to go. Any specific battery that’s recommended around here?

I have four wet cell Duracells in my battery box, and one AGM in the sleeper, I have these hooked in to two solar panels on my roof, and added a 300 amp alternator under the hood. The AGM battery in the sleeper is wired + , out through the floor to the battery box to the + terminal on the first battery. The ground is grounded directly to the floor via a ground lug inside the sleeper. No issues, just make sure if you ground to your actual cab or sleeper you actually have a good ground. Avoid grounding to the walls or any support structure. Best bet, install a ground lug in the floor and be done with it.

This is a ground lug, incase someone is scratching their head, I have one of these for my stereo system in the floor board https://www.pacificstereo.com/jl-audio-x...S4QAvD_BwE

Or, go to the hardware store and buy a 3/8 bolt, washers and nuts, use only stainless steel fasteners, and do not forget to grind off the paint, on both sides of the floorpan, if you go that route mounting the battery in the cab.

Here are the Duracell batteries, I bought on sale for $99 ea. https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/sli31dp

This is my AGM, https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/sli31agmdp

I like this Batteries Plus outfit, I have one near the house in town. What sold me is the fact their batteries are actually FRESH! When I went battery shopping, everything was months old, and I have no clue how they were stored. These batteries from Batteries Plus were a week old, and stored on metal racks off of the concrete floor. I think I will use these guys from now on for my battery needs.

And seriously consider adding solar to your truck to keep the batteries maintained. It would be easy to put together an inexpensive system with a single solar panel and controller. Best accessory I have added to the truck, that system has already paid for itself several times over.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.