Schaefer vs Sta-lube??
01-09-2020, (Subject: Schaefer vs Sta-lube?? ) 
Schaefer vs Sta-lube??
I've been using Sta-lube in my 2250 isx with rotella 15w-40 and I can't complaint but just recently a buddy of mine recommended Schaeffer's moly and I won't switch because I'm happy with STA-lube and my motor performs like a beast that it is..but I'd like to know what y'all think about this shaeffers...good day yall
{image removed}
replyreply
01-09-2020, (Subject: Schaefer vs Sta-lube?? ) 
RE: Schaefer vs Sta-lube??
I use wal-mart supertech as my gear lube most of the time these days.

Don't over think it.... If your changing oil regularly, it is one of the top brands (rotella, delo, delvac) and adding a bit of gear lube .. there is nothing in that engine going to fail any more often than it will by using some kind of self-proclaimed "super-duper" bulls$it.

All those other more expensive gimmiks... they are a waste of money after that, and some of them are downright harmful it seems, because it is the same people who "over-think it" who use those kinds of "it copsts more so it must be better" dupped sales crap, that are the same damn ones with wiped out cams and all sorts of other issues.

- I have yet to see an engine component failure or "more wear" inside any of these engines because someone used brand "x" vs brand "Y" (TOP TYPICALY FOUND BRANDS), when the oil was changed based on the recommendations of this forum (based on total fuel mileage, not a set interval, etc.) -- but I see a lot of truck owners make all sorts of "over-think it" things to make problems, extend oil drain intervals and wipe out cams and other engine components because they were so hell bent on trying to make all the lubricated components last forever, when the rest of the engine falls apart around them.

--THE ONE COMPONENT THAT FAILS VERY OFTEN THAT IS IN FACT LUBRICATED -- IS THE OVER-HEAD CAM(S) -- BUT THEY DO NOT DO SO BECAUSE OF BRAND "X" OF OIL-- THEY ALWAYS ALWAYS DO SO BECAUSE OF SOOT AND CARBON PACKING IN THE ENGINE -- BECAUSE SOME A-HOLE DID NOT CHANGE THE OIL OFTEN ENOUGH TO KEEP THE LEVELS DOWN, NEGLECTED THE ENGINE WAS RUNNING BADLY AND CAUSING THAT BUILDUP, ....AND/OR THEY USED A BYPASS FILTRATION SYSTEM AND DID EXTENDED OIL CHANGES --<<-- AND USED SYNTHETIC OIL <-- THESE ARE WHAT WIPES OUT THOSE CAMS EVERY TIME, IT IS PREDICABLE--- <--- You got some moron using full synthetic and one of those bypass systems, + doing oil changes well past the normal cycle to "save money on the synthetic" horse-s#it sales pitch those places dupe idiots int doing -- THOSE ARE ALWAYS THE ENGINES THAT have failures BECAUSE OF PREMATURE WEAR ALONE!!!

-- IT IS NEVER THE LUBRICATED COMPONENTS THAT ARE THE PROBLEM, OR HOW WELL THEY WERE "LUBRICATED" when someone simply does regular oil changes ... IT IS DROPPED LINERS, WORN OUT HEADS (non lubricated parts of it like valve guides and seats), AND ALL THE NON-LUBRICATED PARTS OF THE ENGINE THAT CAUSE ONE TO BE TORN DOWN LONG BEFORE SOME OIL-COATED THING WILL FAIL!.

Go ahead, waste money on more expensive solutions if it makes you sleep better at night,.. but it is your wallet, (and possible your truck too) that is going to suffer for it.

THIS FORUM is full of truck owners, who have experienced failed engines of about all sorts and types of failures ... NOT ONE SINGLE ONE OF THEM,.. it was because someone used a "lesser brand of oil" .. ALL OF THEM,.. it was either SOMETHING OIL DOES NOT TOUCH IN THE ENGINE... OR FROM ABUSE BY SIMPLY NOT CHANGING IT OFTEN ENOUGH AND LETTING THE SOOT/CARBON TAKE ITS TOLL!.

AND INSIDE MY OWN ENGINE,.. YOU CAN SEE CLEARLY HOW WELL SIMPLY USING ONE OF THE TOP BRANDS THAT IS AVAIL EVERYWHERE (rotella-T in my case) ---> YOU CAN SEE IT IN THOSE REBUILD VIDEOS,ALMOST NO WEAR ON ANYTHING, -- THERE IS NOT ENOUGH WEAR TO EVEN CALL ANYTHING LUBRICATED IN MY ENGINE EVEN STARTING TO GO BAD YET! -- EVEN AFTER NEARLY A MILLION MILES!!!--- IT WAS A LEAKY INJECTOR CUP THAT FINALLY CAUSED THE HEAD TO COME OFF <-- AIN'T NO SPECIAL BRAND OF OIL GOING TO FIX THAT!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.