Loose injector adjustment
01-13-2020, (Subject: Loose injector adjustment ) 
RE: Loose injector adjustment
yes
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
01-13-2020, (Subject: Loose injector adjustment ) 
So the better question is how much is to tight our we talking up to 10nm or some more, just looking for some information on this and very curious about it
replyreply
01-14-2020, (Subject: Loose injector adjustment ) 
I somewhat argued with that guy a couple weeks ago already, he challenged what I said and deleted my comments. Hopefully the guys who listen to him won't destroy their injectors before they realize that the correct preload is critical.
replyreply
(01-13-2020 )Rtrucking Wrote:  So the better question is how much is to tight our we talking up to 10nm or some more, just looking for some information on this and very curious about it

This is only from my experience and how I set mine. Most of the problems I’ve had or seen others have is leaking injectors at the pintle/ seat area , most of any other issues stem from the leaking pintle seat , Otherwise not much goes wrong with them . When I’ve stripped them I have found soot impregnated on the seat and around the metering check valve. Being very careful I have managed to clean up the seat and get the injector to re seal when tested with a plate fitted to the metering acuator point. After really only ever seeing the same problem over the years I went to 85 inpd which is close to 9.5nm . I have had no problems with them set that way and even after strips the tips from a few set that way there is no visible damage or excessive wear . Seats were spotless. It’s just what I do and don’t necessarily recommend anyone else does it .
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Running rough
(01-14-2020 )Starlight Wrote:  I somewhat argued with that guy a couple weeks ago already, he challenged what I said and deleted my comments. Hopefully the guys who listen to him won't destroy their injectors before they realize that the correct preload is critical.

If he's to stubborn to consider what other people are telling him then I guess he gets what he deserves. I would say that extended oil drains(he says 15,000 mi) carbon packing and low oil pressure to the head is what wiped out the first cam. Then he kept running it before he replaced that cam with the Ebay cam(I'm sure was garbage) and filled his motor with metal debris from it coming apart. He mentioned wanting to get another truck because he's having all these problems. I feel sorry for the poor sucker that ends up with the boat anchor he made out of this one.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(01-12-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  I watched a guy on YouTube set his 870 injectors to about half the torque they should be because he wiped out 2 cams in a row and was convinced that because his engine has over a million on it, the head must be worn in to the point that it shouldn't be set that tight. I don't agree with his theory but I am wondering what exactly happens if your injectors aren't set tight enough?

{video removed}

Just like ausie-ISX said ... if you want your injectors to get leaky, fail a leak-down test all the time, soot up your metering passageways because they are not closing the needles properly, throw your injection timing and fuel quantities off while your at it, etc.. then go ahead and run them loose.

-- I have seen quite a few guys come over here where their injectors were set to 0-nm (like the really old cummins engines used to be set) because the mechanic who did the overhead adjustments was 'Old'school' and completely did not know how to adjust them properly. -- I have seen the long term results ... it is not pretty at all for the injectors, throws fuel mileage off, messes them up, and all sorts of other problems in the end.

NEXT: is the fact that OVERHEAD CAMS ON THE ISX DO NOT GET WPIED OUT FROM PROPERLY ADJUSTED COMPONENTS!!!-- IT IS FRMM ABUSE AND NEGLECT + LETTING THE OIL GET EXCESS SOOT BUILD-UP -- and one way to do this is to let air and combustion gasses get into your fuel system and f$k up your injectors because your stupid enough to not set your injectors and valves, etc properly, then argue with others like a complete moron.

-- i get that some people really have no idea what they are doi9ng ,... I get the fact that they make youtube videos of their complete ignorance -- all humans put their foot in their mouths on occasion -- but when you refuse to listen to proper solutions to your problems and argue against others that know far more than you do about what your saying -- that crosses into the realm of stupidity, not simply ignorance.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , AussieISX , tree98 , Signature620
(01-14-2020 )AussieISX Wrote:  This is only from my experience and how I set mine. Most of the problems I’ve had or seen others have is leaking injectors at the pintle/ seat area , most of any other issues stem from the leaking pintle seat , Otherwise not much goes wrong with them . When I’ve stripped them I have found soot impregnated on the seat and around the metering check valve. Being very careful I have managed to clean up the seat and get the injector to re seal when tested with a plate fitted to the metering acuator point. After really only ever seeing the same problem over the years I went to 85 inpd which is close to 9.5nm . I have had no problems with them set that way and even after strips the tips from a few set that way there is no visible damage or excessive wear . Seats were spotless. It’s just what I do and don’t necessarily recommend anyone else does it .

Thanks for sharing what you're doing, and your results.
How long have you been running your injectors with this preload setting for?
What kind of GVW are you running down there?
I'm trying to piece together your average torque loads in comparison to mine...higher average torque loads means higher average cylinder pressures, thus higher risk of combustion gas intrusion, blah blah blah

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Hi , all my loads are Roadtrain with 2 trailers, 95 tonne gross . Average Fuel burn for my truck is around 1.65km/L. Not sure on the conversion on that info. I’ve been setting them that may around 3 years. There are others doing similar and heavier work that are also using the same setting.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough , Hammerhead
3.9-4 mpg

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.