Loose injector adjustment
01-14-2020, (Subject: Loose injector adjustment ) 
RE: Loose injector adjustment
(01-14-2020 )AussieISX Wrote:  This is only from my experience and how I set mine. Most of the problems I’ve had or seen others have is leaking injectors at the pintle/ seat area , most of any other issues stem from the leaking pintle seat , Otherwise not much goes wrong with them . When I’ve stripped them I have found soot impregnated on the seat and around the metering check valve. Being very careful I have managed to clean up the seat and get the injector to re seal when tested with a plate fitted to the metering acuator point. After really only ever seeing the same problem over the years I went to 85 inpd which is close to 9.5nm . I have had no problems with them set that way and even after strips the tips from a few set that way there is no visible damage or excessive wear . Seats were spotless. It’s just what I do and don’t necessarily recommend anyone else does it .

Thanks for sharing what you're doing, and your results.
How long have you been running your injectors with this preload setting for?
What kind of GVW are you running down there?
I'm trying to piece together your average torque loads in comparison to mine...higher average torque loads means higher average cylinder pressures, thus higher risk of combustion gas intrusion, blah blah blah

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loose injector adjustment - Unilevers - 01-13-2020,
RE: Loose injector adjustment - Hammerhead - 01-14-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.