I’m new here and I have some questions.
01-14-2020, (Subject: I’m new here and I have some questions. ) 
RE: I’m new here and I have some questions.
You need to contact Unilever or Mommaburt, these 870 motors are not that easy to get right in regards to programing. What model truck? I know it is a Pete, but what? A hood or an aero? If a hood, you could probably squeeze a bit more mpg out of it, but not with the hack job to the EGR you have going on.

And, at 900,000 miles +, not knowing the damage done by the previous owner, it may just be in need of an in frame. Normally at 800,000 miles on a healthy ISX, the rods and mains need to be done. Your weak point now is the wrist pins in the piston assembly, especially if the lower end has not been done.

Do you have a pyrometer on the truck? If so, what is that reading? I bet that motor is cooked. I would install one ASAP if there is not one already installed, especially if you are going to continue to run the truck in its current state. Me, I would park until properly diagnosed and repaired. Been through two in frames in two years myself, don't be a victim.

You will need a laptop and Cummins Insite with the Inline 5 or 6 reader. And contact Unilever or Mommaburt. You can PM them. They can do things remotely.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m new here and I have some questions. - Waterloo - 01-14-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.