Somebody wants my truck
01-14-2020, (Subject: Somebody wants my truck ) 
Somebody wants my truck
One of my coworkers is really serious about buying my truck. It needs an overhaul in and out of frame and he's offering good money as is? Any advice on what I should do?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Somebody wants my truck
Well how much is he offering?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
12k cash
replyreply
Guess it depends on what your next move would be... Are you looking to stick around and get something else? Not sure what your current situation is, but 12k won’t buy another obviously, but an inframe on what you have won’t be cheap either.

How’s the condition of the rest of the truck? What’s the history? If you’ve done all the maintenance and the rest of the truck is worth keeping, then maybe pass on the sale and get to the inframe. The piece of mind of knowing a truck completely would outweigh the 12k IMO

A reliable used truck gets paid the same as a new one...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Izzyrod52
Nothing in your other post about this truck suggests that an out of frame overhaul is needed at all. An overhaul on the engine for sure but that's about it. That appears to be a very solid looking truck.
replyreply
It's a piece of equipment. It's sole purpose is to make you money. So, crunch the numbers and see where you end up.

Cost to maintain current truck, including inframe and downtime, divided by total expected remaining service life.

vs

profit from sale minus cost of another truck, cost of any immediate repairs, potential cost of unknown repairs, cost of anticipated lifetime repairs, divided by total expected remaining service life.

Don't forget to figure fuel mileage in to you equation.

It won't be perfect, but it will give you a decent way to compare different potentials.

If it's a close match as far as overall cost, then think about what different feature or specs you may want. might be a good chance to find something better suited to your operation (assuming you didn't get it 100% right with the current truck).

Then throw in any other factors like different years emissions requirements, ELD required or not, etc...

Just throwing out some things to think about logically, not emotionally. In the end it's your truck and your choice to make.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.