New davco questions
01-16-2020, (Subject: New davco questions ) 
New davco questions
Tomorrow I'm putting on a new davco unit along with new fuel lines the new davco has a fuel heater 12 volt and a water in fuel sensor I'm just wondering does my engine harness have an unused plug for a wif sensor or does it need to be pinned into the ECM or truck as my truck previously didn't have a water in fuel sensor

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
RE: New davco questions
on mine, it is not hooked up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I figured if there was an unused plug I'd wire it up and hook it up if I have to pin it then its just going to be zip tied up and left to die a slow corrosive death

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
I turned the parameter off using Insite. The stupid sensor would throw a code even after water and fuel was completely drained, dried out and filled with fresh clean fuel. Now mine just looks like it's doing something.
replyreply
New davco I bought comes with 12v pre heater clear globe lock ring filter drain valve new check valve and wif installed for $372 to my door to just buy the bottom plate with the coolant heater element was 240 + 30 in shipping from davco to get the 12v heater and wif new clear globe and lock ring and drain valve would have been about another 450 dollars so almost 750-800 bucks

replyreply
I had an issue with my the fuel level in my davco dropping below the top of the clear globe. Typically happened right after a filter change. Extra tightening of the clear globe or the cap on the top usually helped. I priced out replacement parts and found it cheaper to just buy the entire assembly. Mine doesn't have the heater, think it ran about $230 from peterbilt.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
(01-16-2020 )JimT Wrote:  ...I had an issue with my the fuel level in my davco dropping below the top of the clear globe. Typically happened right after a filter change. Extra tightening of the clear globe or the cap on the top usually helped...

Doesn't the fuel level indicate the amount of filter restriction? On mine, you can barely see fuel in the bowl when the filter's new. Hell, it probably takes 15k before it's 1/3 of the way up the bowl.

JimT, if the fuel is all the way to the top of the globe, isn't that a sign of restriction?

In fact, on the 382, there's a fuel level 'line' near the top of the globe which is supposed to indicate the usable life of the filter.
replyreply
(01-16-2020 )SquareOne Wrote:  
(01-16-2020 )JimT Wrote:  ...I had an issue with my the fuel level in my davco dropping below the top of the clear globe. Typically happened right after a filter change. Extra tightening of the clear globe or the cap on the top usually helped...

Doesn't the fuel level indicate the amount of filter restriction? On mine, you can barely see fuel in the bowl when the filter's new. Hell, it probably takes 15k before it's 1/3 of the way up the bowl.

JimT, if the fuel is all the way to the top of the globe, isn't that a sign of restriction?

In fact, on the 382, there's a fuel level 'line' near the top of the globe which is supposed to indicate the usable life of the filter.

there are 2 different styles... one has the clear part hangs down (stays full), and one (like mine) where the clear part is facing upward, that will start out low and fill / show when filter is getting full.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
(01-16-2020 )SquareOne Wrote:  Doesn't the fuel level indicate the amount of filter restriction? On mine, you can barely see fuel in the bowl when the filter's new. Hell, it probably takes 15k before it's 1/3 of the way up the bowl.

Not talking about it being full. My last filter made it almost 25,000 miles before it got up to the top. No, the fuel level was dropping down, sometimes below the clear housing (never dropped below the top of the fuel lines, just the bottom of the clear housing).

So what would happen is right after the filter was changed the fuel level would be a little above the bottom of the clear housing. Once the truck sat for a bit, usually overnight, the level would drop. Run the truck for a day and at the end the level would be back to a normal height. Next morning it had dropped again. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. Determined it was the clear housing not sealing properly. Either at the o-ring on the bottom or sometimes at the top cap. The last one actually showed signs of fuel leaking out before it was retightened. Thats when I bought the new assembly. Of course once I bought the new assembly the old one stopped leaking and lasted 25,000 miles before needing to be changed.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.