New davco questions
01-16-2020, (Subject: New davco questions ) 
RE: New davco questions
(01-16-2020 )SquareOne Wrote:  Doesn't the fuel level indicate the amount of filter restriction? On mine, you can barely see fuel in the bowl when the filter's new. Hell, it probably takes 15k before it's 1/3 of the way up the bowl.

JimT, if the fuel is all the way to the top of the globe, isn't that a sign of restriction?

In fact, on the 382, there's a fuel level 'line' near the top of the globe which is supposed to indicate the usable life of the filter.

Not talking about it being full. My last filter made it almost 25,000 miles before it got up to the top. No, the fuel level was dropping down, sometimes below the clear housing (never dropped below the top of the fuel lines, just the bottom of the clear housing).

So what would happen is right after the filter was changed the fuel level would be a little above the bottom of the clear housing. Once the truck sat for a bit, usually overnight, the level would drop. Run the truck for a day and at the end the level would be back to a normal height. Next morning it had dropped again. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. Determined it was the clear housing not sealing properly. Either at the o-ring on the bottom or sometimes at the top cap. The last one actually showed signs of fuel leaking out before it was retightened. Thats when I bought the new assembly. Of course once I bought the new assembly the old one stopped leaking and lasted 25,000 miles before needing to be changed.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: New davco questions - JimT - 01-16-2020,
RE: New davco questions - JimT - 01-16-2020
RE: New davco questions - JimT - 01-17-2020,
RE: New davco questions - JimT - 01-18-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.