Clay in the carrier...
01-21-2020, (Subject: Clay in the carrier... ) 
RE: Clay in the carrier...
Ha Ha, light loads... I had them on my spread axles and dry vans, they saved my bacon more than a few times. Sadly, my drivers were not that intelligent...
replyreply
01-21-2020, (Subject: Clay in the carrier... ) 
(01-21-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Ha Ha, light loads... I had them on my spread axles and dry vans, they saved my bacon more than a few times. Sadly, my drivers were not that intelligent...

Most of my loads range between 10,000lbs and 30,000lbs. Most of my best loads weigh in under 6k. But there's one particular load i run in to NYC sometimes thats up around 46-48k. Luckily it pays $14/mi (it's a short haul) so it's well worth my time. But the nearest CAT/public scale is half way to the delivery. So by the time i reach it, with no weigh stations in sight, it's just easier to continue on my way. At least now I can keep tabs while it's being loaded (via loading dock) and adjust it if need be.

Sadly finding good information and calculations for weight distribution is very difficult, despite the importance. Then throw in different axle locations. It's like they want you to guess and be overweight. I've been pretty lucky so far, but now I'm gonna take luck out of the equation.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
01-22-2020, (Subject: Clay in the carrier... ) 
So I finally got a good look at the carrier bearing. Waaaay too much play in it, at least for my liking. Admittedly the rubber is just starting to compress in on itself in one small spot, but that's more than enough. Had to drop the drive shaft to access the exhaust decomp tube and be able to reach the DEF doser valve, so might as well get the bearing done now. Only about $100 at the dealer so that's getting delivered tomorrow morning. New lock nut is a day out and the crush washer is nowhere to be found! *sigh*

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.