Maritime emission rule change
01-19-2020, (Subject: Maritime emission rule change ) 
RE: Maritime emission rule change
The diesel market isn't strictly priced by supply and demand. It's market based so it's governed more by the perception of supply and demand. Anywho, automotive fuel prices, at least here in the US, probably won't see much of an impact from this. Most likely the entire fuel supply chain will benefit from an increase in production and some streamlining in their processes. That's an old article, which means there's been ample time for refineries to get ready for the Jan 1st deadline.

I see 2 areas where this might have a measurable impact. 1) older engines that are not able (or optimised) to burn the fuel, and 2) higher cost to ship goods via water.

Personally, I think we need to stick EGR, DPF's and SCR units on all diesel engines and power plants around the world. It'll be the only way to force a solution to the problems that these systems create. Once everyone has to deal with them there will be more than enough demand for a better solution and the economic impact will be measurable across multiple industries, not just us poor truckers who complain way too much.

No, I don't actually want to see worldwide adoption of these systems. I just think it would be the perfect catalyst for the change that the trucking industry can't seem to get on it's own.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maritime emission rule change - JimT - 01-19-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.