DEF Doser Valve
01-23-2020, (Subject: DEF Doser Valve ) 
RE: DEF Doser Valve
I have alternator for reefer from Thermo King. Made in Czech Republic. Some hose clamps on my truck marked made in England. Globalization.
replyreply
01-23-2020, (Subject: DEF Doser Valve ) 
JimT you sound like me. Get started on something simple and before you know it got the whole mess torn apart and saying I knew better but I did it anyways.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
01-24-2020, (Subject: DEF Doser Valve ) 
Well, look at it like this Jim, if you would have taken this to the dealer they would have told you the turbo was shot and the EGR cooler was leaking. That would have ran you around $10,000... They don't like working on emissions. So, you got off lite, and fixed the real problem for a grand. ;-)

And thanks for the photos too, us DPF guys rarely get to see these SCR systems.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
(01-23-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  JimT you sound like me. Get started on something simple and before you know it got the whole mess torn apart and saying I knew better but I did it anyways.

Yeah, I do that all the time. Go to fix one little thing and next thing you know I'm rebuilding my shed, or, um, something like that.

(01-24-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Well, look at it like this Jim, if you would have taken this to the dealer they would have told you the turbo was shot and the EGR cooler was leaking. That would have ran you around $10,000... They don't like working on emissions. So, you got off lite, and fixed the real problem for a grand. ;-)

And thanks for the photos too, us DPF guys rarely get to see these SCR systems.

Yeah, I really did get off easy, considering the doser usually sells for $450 and up!

Glad you liked the pics. It helps to see what people talk about. That's also why I added the prices, so others can understand some of the costs involved. I know when I first got in to truck ownership I had no clue what these parts would end up costing me.

Now, to start saving up for the next big project: new CAC and crankshaft damper. But that will have to wait for new steer tires first.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Pd6cas2
How about the cost of that flex pipe between the back of turbo and DOC. Paccar wants a fortune like $350 for a 16" flex pipe/bellows. Robbery I say.

replyreply
(01-24-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  How about the cost of that flex pipe between the back of turbo and DOC. Paccar wants a fortune like $350 for a 16" flex pipe/bellows. Robbery I say.

Yup, I replaced that baby this past summer!

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman
02-29-2020, (Subject: DEF Doser Valve ) 
Update:

After running with this DEF Doser valve for a month or so I can say that it's probably not made to OEM standards. Possibly an OEM reject that was sold off instead of being recycled or something. The main issue I had with it is that DEF was seeping out around the supply hose and running down the side of the Decomp tube. This is usually a sign of a clogged up doser or something broken. I also noticed higher then normal DEF consumption, though that could be related to increased regen activity.

Although, one thing to note is that my doser/decomp tube is the older style which has a thicker thermal isolator with a deeper gasket. The newer version has a thinner isolator and the gasket is basically flat. The older style may have negatively contributed to the operation of the doser, possibly causing it to clog up prematurely. It's hard to say without taking it apart again to investigate. But I've moved on and that system is no longer a concern of mine.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman
I like that last sentence!! Permeant fixed to a never ending problem. When mine starts giving troubles that's what I will do as well.

replyreply
I tried to do it right, but the systems were at the point of needing major replacement and, coupled with the oil consumption of my engine, it just didn't add up. If I had a new truck and maintained it properly from day one then things might be different. But for now I'll bank the savings for the inevitable inframe.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.