How to take electrical plugs apart.
01-26-2020, (Subject: How to take electrical plugs apart. ) 
How to take electrical plugs apart.
Sorry guys and gals but I have a broken wire on my plug for my crankcase sensor and I can't seem to be able to get the little bugger apart. The little pins should slide out but I can't seem to make it happen. Or better yet can I buy a pigtail to splice in?
replyreply
RE: How to take electrical plugs apart.
Oops, forgot ISX 2009
replyreply

This goes for oil press, exh gas press, VGT actuator, crankcase press & EGR temp on ISXs. The keyways and pin numbers are different but the principle is the same.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: scottydogtruck
01-27-2020, (Subject: How to take electrical plugs apart. ) 
I just replaced the wires on my exhaust gas pressure sensor. These are the connectors that plug right in to the socket. I cut the barrel (crimp) connector off and soldered my wires together. This is something that should be done on all sensor wire repairs. Crimp connectors are very prone to having poor connections and sending faulty or wrong signal voltages from the sensor. Always solder your connections.

I found these easily at my local Kenworth shop. Cummins will also carry them. I paid $7 a wire.

replyreply
Thanks! Yeah I'll soldier them when I get home. Only thing I don't have with me ,a soldiering gun. LOL
replyreply
How do you get the blue piece out? Just pull it with needle nose or is there a clip that releases it?
replyreply
Ya, just pry it up out. It has clips in the middle that hold it in place.
replyreply
Thanks again
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.