Moisture under the oil cap... milkshake
02-24-2020, (Subject: Moisture under the oil cap... milkshake ) 
RE: Moisture under the oil cap... milkshake
Uh oh. That's not good. Who is they? Hopefully "they" are someone familiar with this site and all the recommendations on how to put that thing back together properly so you won't have to lose you a$$ again in the very near future.
replyreply
Make sure they install a new head, not a reman, or the one you are removing, NEW, OEM NEW! Odds are an in frame is in order. The block needs to be machined, the ledge the liner(s) sit upon, liner protrusion of .0014 of an inch. You don't do that, and make sure it is done to spec, you will be back in this same boat in a matter of months. I was, it is not fun, and you will pay double. If you want a nice truck, mine is for sale.
replyreply
Thank God the warranty will cover everything...it's Rush truck center.
replyreply
They still working on it and inspecting more and more...definitely will be OEM head since it's factory warranty..
replyreply
(02-24-2020 )BigDirie Wrote:  Thank God the warranty will cover everything...it's Rush truck center.

I don't think you understand. Your missing the point here entirely. Those guys aren't going to fix it right and your gonna be right back here in short order asking why you blew yet another head gasket and Cummins engines suck, and blahs blahs blah we see this scenario all the time here. Some of the things you have to do for a long lasting engine include.... throwing the head in the scrap pile and buying a NEW OEM head to put back on that engine, NOTHING ELSE!! Counterbore's must be cut to shim liners up to .014 like Waterloo just mentioned. The head must be torqued and then allowed to sit overnight for the gasket to crush and then retorque. Also using anything other than OEM Cummins parts is a big big mistake!! I bet you that they won't do these things. They are gonna cheap out on that thing like you can't even imagine. Warranty's are a false sense of security and mostly a joke.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(02-24-2020 )BigDirie Wrote:  They still working on it and inspecting more and more...definitely will be OEM head since it's factory warranty..

Sounds like you trust these guys. You should take the time to read Waterloo's saga. It basically starts out just like this.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Tree98! Thanks buddy....personally I don't know that much about Cummins and it's issues...I'm a big fan of 60 series...but I do understand now thanks again.... first time owned Cummins and trust me it's totally undependable....
replyreply
LOL! Good luck with that! Time for you to take the bull by the horns like Tree stated. It was the dealership in Michigan that installed all of the 2350 parts in my CM-871, said they machined the block and did not, and installed parts that were one time use that Rawze discovered when we re did the in frame in his driveway. Rush is not known for their quality of work, they are a bunch of thieves in my book, had dealings with those crooks too.

I have a good truck for sale, quality in frame and most everything is new on her, including a killer sound system and a new Tri-Pac APU and Herd Defender bumper. That second in frame, I have never been able to recover from, not in this current trucking slump.
replyreply
@Waterloo. I know where you guys coming from and thank you all for the help and a different ideas but honestly I don't trust them dealers either..But I'm hoping things will get straight up....
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.