Moisture under the oil cap... milkshake
01-21-2020, (Subject: Moisture under the oil cap... milkshake ) 
RE: Moisture under the oil cap... milkshake
(01-21-2020 )Running rough Wrote:  Ask dearler if it couldn’t be a low liner causing blown head gasket/ cracked egr cooler/bad compressor/ injector cups?

I doubt they would even consider that. They want to skate him along until the warranty is up. If I were you I would get a block test kit from napa. It will show if there is combustion gases getting into your cooling system. If there are, your guaranteed to have a dropped liner. If that's the case you'll need to tear the whole engine down. Don't be fooled, that dealer is only looking out for one person and it ain't YOU!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough
Definitely that will be my next stop..get a block test kit.. I will update you guys... Thanks alot
replyreply
Still under warranty?? Most folks don't think to highly of the work performed by most shops.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
Yeah it's still under warranty..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman
(01-21-2020 )BigDirie Wrote:  I'm positive dealer knows the issue.. b

putting faith in the stealersh$it is about as clueless as it gets. --<-- Get brave, grab a wrench and STOP GUESSING AT YOUR PROBLEMS!!!! -- AND --- STOP GOING TO THE WORST PLACE YOU CAN TAKE YOUR TRUCK TO!!!!!

Like other have said... Pull the crank case filter off, and take off the engine cover, and look at its undersidfe. --< Take pictures if you have to, and take an oil sample -- STOP GUESSING! ... and if it is more than just a bit of moisture buildup from condensation and bad weather .... pressurize the coolant system to 20 psi and let it sit,.. verify that your not pushing coolant into your oil system.

-- THAT gdaamn stealersh$it should have been doing EXACLTY THESE THINGS instead of being just as clueless as the person who put their faith in them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
01-22-2020, (Subject: Moisture under the oil cap... milkshake ) 
That dealer is taking you for a ride...

Do everything you were told to do in the other posts.

Why was the water pump and heater core replaced? Those normally last for quite awhile, like into the 700,000 to 900,000 mile range.

Any other issues with coolant hoses or coolant leaking out of the cap on the coolant jug?

What gearing and transmission is in the truck? And, when you are under a load, cruising down the expressway, where are your RPM's? 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700?

Now, you have bubbles and steam rolling out of the coolant jug? Does the coolant level fluctuate? Pressure in the bottle? Bubbles are not normal in the coolant jug. Me and Rawze just in framed my motor in his driveway, well, two years ago, doesn't seem that long ago... Anyways, I was just under my hood, there are no bubbles in my coolant, the level stays consistent too as I cannot recall the last time I even added any coolant.

Get that block test kit from NAPA, it is a normally stocked item, trust me I know...

Warm up the motor, idle her up and get her HOT, as close to 200* as you can get her, may take up to an hour in this cold weather. Follow the instructions on the test kit, very easy. Stuff the test tube rubber stopper in the coolant bottle opening securely, twist it in and make sure it is seated. If the test fluid gets a hint of exhaust, it will change color, but it may take up to 15 or 20 minutes, it is not a test of seconds.

Follow my instructions, I have been through this one too many times.

If it passes that test, you are still not out of the woods. Do the block test kit first and then we will go from there.

You will need these, if not now, eventually... These are the same items you will get off the Snap-On truck.

Here is the coolant jug adapter to pressure test your motor.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VS...UTF8&psc=1

Here is the pump I use.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002S...UTF8&psc=1

To fill your coolant, you need this vacuum kit or engine damage may occour. A 90 psi Home Depot style compressor will be needed to operate this kit. I have a 10 gallon compressor that works fine. Something like this will get the job done if you do not have a compressor.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-20-Gal.../206189626

Coolant fill kit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002S...UTF8&psc=1

This kit has everything you need to fill your coolant system, but I did swap out the lines for longer ones, any type of tubing will work, the clear stuff from Home Depot or any fuel line or coolant hose will work too as long as it has the correct I.D.

Good luck!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
(01-21-2020 )BigDirie Wrote:  Oil sample has been done too... they said it looks good!
Ask them for a copy of the oil sample report. Sounds like you think they're being dishonest. Get the copy of the oil sample report and then have your own independent oil sample done to compare. This will tell you whether they are being forthcoming or not and also supply you with evidence for claims and lawsuits of them covering up a bigger problem if it goes that far.
replyreply
(01-22-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(01-21-2020 )BigDirie Wrote:  Oil sample has been done too... they said it looks good!
Ask them for a copy of the oil sample report. Sounds like you think they're being dishonest. Get the copy of the oil sample report and then have your own independent oil sample done to compare. This will tell you whether they are being forthcoming or not and also supply you with evidence for claims and lawsuits of them covering up a bigger problem if it goes that far.

He is so close to the end of that warranty, I would not trust these guys as far as I could throw them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
02-24-2020, (Subject: Moisture under the oil cap... milkshake ) 
Thanks everyone for the help, the issue turned out to be head or head gasket cracked....so now they started removing cylinder head and as well checking liners...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.